First ever City game

Re: First City game

Vs Luton at Maine Rd think it was 1957. City were 2 0 down. My Dad made us leave early. City scored twice in the last five minutes to draw. Heard it on the bus on the radio and went mad with him.Hooked ever since!

Len Rum said:
Vs Luton at Maine Rd think it was 1957. City were 2 0 down. My Dad made us leave early. City scored twice in the last five minutes to draw. Heard it on the bus on the radio and went mad with him.Hooked ever since!
Great story mate- typical City:)

Mine was 40 years ago as well,my dad got us tickets for the Main Stand.
We played Stoke and it was a 0-0 draw,some old bloke had a go at our kid for jumping up when we nearly scored,there was some right miserable old twats that sat in the Main Stand.

My dad refused to take me to manchester as a kid but did manage to get him to take me to a couple of local games, can't remember which was the first one but went to sheffield utd and leeds circa '83 / '84 both games were rubbish! But it didn't matter, remember sitting next to an old boy at bramall lane who showed me his city season ticket and told me loads of stories about colin bell, top bloke.

First time I managed to venture to maine road we won 10.1!

Made sure my lad has been to loads of games already, he's only 7 and hooked.

City v Wolves December 74, 0-0. Sat in the North Stand.

Gutted we didnt win

spacecadet said:
Seosa said:
0-0.

Wrexham.

Maine Road.

August, 1998.
Thought I had seen some drivel pal, but that was an awful debut :)

The most exciting part was their disallowed own goal. Says it all.

Carlisle at home 3-1 defeat (typical), was the game david phillips scored goal ov month & i got shown on motd dancin round front of platt lane for months!!!

1994 Maine Road v Newcastle. 2-1 to City. I'll never forget my first views from the Kippax as I walked in, I fell in love instantly!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.