First ever Manchester Derby final

Well said and it will be a shame if people decide not to go or take family members etc based on what can easily turn into scaremongering. Things are very different to 2011, many City fans had never been to the new Wembley and the makeup of rags that went that day was different too - this will be their biggest game for years which will attract a lot of their tourists and older support - we are the ones who are at Wembley twice a season or more. Finals are different too, majority of one set of fans remain in the stadium at the end for a start. I suspect trains and services will see problems on the day, but lets not hype things more than necessary and risk those who are not used to non-home games not going.

I really do think — in fact I'm certain — that the old bill will be on this one big time, in a way that they weren't in 2011. Especially up Wembley Way and at the tube. I don't think the southern police quite knew what the Manchester rivalry was in 2011.
Also, I suspect the rags, especially the cockney variety, saw us as upstarts who didn't know our place. That mindset will have changed somewhat.
If I could (can) get a ticket, and can afford it, I'll definitely go. Maybe I've been lucky, but I've only been in a scrap once (and I was breaking the rules, to be fair, and knew it), maybe because I mainly go to footy on my own, and I know how to keep my eyes peeled for trouble.
Of course, if you're with family, then being approached by this filth must be thoroughly unpleasant. I do understand that.

I’m 100% Mancunian and If I could guarantee one result and take my chances on the other I’d absolutely guarantee Arsenal and take my chances against the rags. Why? Because United do not define City and Arsenal are a better team than United.

Not saying that I won't be thoroughly cheesed off, mind, if we lose this one. It is a very big stage on which to lose to these arseholes. And it will be conveniently forgotten that we absolutely slaughtered them at the Etihad.

Do posters really value beating United more than winning the PL or CL?

Beating United used to be our whole season when we were potless. Not now.

Imagine United parading the FA Cup and League Cup while we show off the PL and CL Trophies.

They are irrelevant. Winning the FA Cup, no matter who it’s against, is a long way behind winning the CL or the PL.

An all Manchester final will be brilliant. The semi in 2011 at Wembley was in the top 5 days of my life and there will never be a better time to play them. We are at our peak.

Winning on Wednesday is all I’m bothered about right now though. The rags aren’t in my thoughts until they are next facing us across the pitch. They don’t deserve our oxygen.

We are their season and they should be dreading it.
I agree with all of it except the fa cup being a long way behind the ucl & prem. I love the fa cup - and with it now being utd it'll make it all the sweeter.

Don’t get me wrong, in a year’s time I’ll look back and be glad we won those two rather than the FA Cup but the immediate and medium term pain of losing to them would far outweigh that of Arsenal pipping us to the title or Madrid edging us in the semi
If you catch the magic bus back from Istanbul you'll be on it long enough to get over it. Just a suggestion

100 %

bunch of pussies unless mobbed up.

City are worse loons if it goes off.

It’s true City fans are no angels. I saw both sides up to no good in 2011. Making out City fans are shrinking violets after a lovely day out while United are all vicious lunatics isn’t exactly the full story.

If there is a difference it’s that the Rags are so terrified of being battered they won’t go anywhere without being in a group of 20. If City fans do the same nothing happens.

You’re surprised? Really?
As a one off match, I would think nearly all Mancunian blues would choose to win against United and take our chances with a negative result against Arsenal… we’ll, at least that is how I feel

Well, you're leaving it a bit ambiguous, to be fair. What do you understand to be a negative result? A draw? I might take that, if you guaranteed me beating United. In fact I probably would.
And do you mean a negative result for the whole season — as in not being champions at the outcome? You seem to be saying not, in that you've said a one off match.
I actually think that even if we draw against the Arse, we'll still win the league.

If we get to the CL final, same team as Saturday. Should be enough to beat them and if they get a penalty in the 89th minute, bring on the big guns who will only need two minutes to turn it round.

Seeing loads of people on here and other places saying they minght give it a miss because of there fans which I think Is a bit stupid if you're going to miss our first fa cup final against the scum because of there fans they won't do anything if you aren't looking for a scrap you probably won't end up having one police will be on it and we have as many lads that would be up for a scrap as they do if not more so if we end up having it out we'd do them in anyway so if you're thinking about not going get yourself down there and have a good day
This is Bluemoon in the real world City fans will be clamouring for tickets

It’s true City fans are no angels. I saw both sides up to no good in 2011. Making out City fans are shrinking violets after a lovely day out while United are all vicious lunatics isn’t exactly the full story.

If there is a difference it’s that the Rags are so terrified of being battered they won’t go anywhere without being in a group of 20. If City fans do the same nothing happens.
We certainly have our share of idiots following us, that much is undeniable. Some of the shite I saw at the Wigan final was shameful. Blues fighting other blues, others pissed/coked out of their heads. They wouldn't have remembered anything of the game when they crawled out of bed on the sunday morning.

Mind you, that mightn't have been a bad thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.