First ever Manchester Derby final

We certainly have our share of idiots following us, that much is undeniable. Some of the shite I saw at the Wigan final was shameful. Blues fighting other blues, others pissed/coked out of their heads. They wouldn't have remembered anything of the game when they crawled out of bed on the sunday morning.

Mind you, that mightn't have been a bad thing.
One of my mates was so pissed on the way down there in 2013, he passed out on the coach, we left him on there while we all went to the game and woke him up when we got back and went home.

He missed the lot, the lucky sod.

If we get to the CL final, same team as Saturday. Should be enough to beat them and if they get a penalty in the 89th minute, bring on the big guns who will only need two minutes to turn it round.
I'd be playing all the big guns considering they will have a week to rest after it, I want this as much as I want any other trophy.

One of my mates was so pissed on the way down there in 2013, he passed out on the coach, we left him on there while we all went to the game and woke him up when we got back and went home.

He missed the lot, the lucky sod.

Gary James can top that with his excellent podcast celebrating the 2011 semi-final. He says the bloke next to him was so tanked up he fell asleep once he got into his seat. When Yaya scored he jumped up and yelled (sleepwalking presumably) with everyone else. Then he sat back down and fell asleep again.

Gary James can top that with his excellent podcast celebrating the 2011 semi-final. He says the bloke next to him was so tanked up he fell asleep once he got into his seat. When Yaya scored he jumped up and yelled (sleepwalking presumably) with everyone else. Then he sat back down and fell asleep again.
Brilliant!

As long as he didn't piss in the wardrobe

It’s true City fans are no angels. I saw both sides up to no good in 2011. Making out City fans are shrinking violets after a lovely day out while United are all vicious lunatics isn’t exactly the full story.

If there is a difference it’s that the Rags are so terrified of being battered they won’t go anywhere without being in a group of 20. If City fans do the same nothing happens.

There's a bit of a difference. Now I'm not saying it doesn't happen with our fans, because there will always be the odd one, but the rags are notorious for smacking shirters and women and kids not looking for trouble and just minding their own business.

Last edited:
No guarantees it will play out the same as 2011 though. This is a final with two Manc teams, one of whom has nothing else to look forward to, the other of which has loads to look forward to, at half-term, on the same day when others will be travelling down to see Beyonce at Spuds. My point is that there's a good chance that travelling down won't be seamless. Others will be thinking that and it might put some of our ST holders off, freeing up tickets for those who want to be there at all costs. Happy to be proved wrong. Time will tell.
There were not many travelling up the M6/M1 to be honest. I didn’t see any until Stafford when we passed a mini bus. There were a lot of coaches from all over the place as they have supporters clubs everywhere. They have 50,000 ST holders and only around 50-60% of them will be getting a ticket. Many of those will be in supporters clubs. You won’t see many on the way down.

We certainly have our share of idiots following us, that much is undeniable. Some of the shite I saw at the Wigan final was shameful. Blues fighting other blues, others pissed/coked out of their heads. They wouldn't have remembered anything of the game when they crawled out of bed on the sunday morning.

Mind you, that mightn't have been a bad thing.
I dread to think how bad it would be in our end if we were losing to them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.