First ever Manchester Derby final

I think 3pm might be too early if it doesn’t go to extra time. They won’t want fans congregating in London after the game as might happen. 4pm ko seems about right to me but then the Epsom Derby needs running earlier.
was 3pm for decades think the police will prefer less pre match drinking time for this one

was 3pm for decades think the police will prefer less pre match drinking time for this one
It doesn’t matter any more with lots of cheap alcoholic beverage options available, some would arrive pissed up for a breakfast kick off! 1hr before makes no difference but I guess the police won’t want fans scaring the tourists in that there London. They’ll want fans in the mindset that it’s better to get the first train out of town. Even a 4pm ko gives losing fans the option of 2hrs in a pub or fountain (if there’s no e.t.)

It doesn’t matter any more with lots of cheap alcoholic beverage options available, some would arrive pissed up for a breakfast kick off! 1hr before makes no difference but I guess the police won’t want fans scaring the tourists in that there London. They’ll want fans in the mindset that it’s better to get the first train out of town. Even a 4pm ko gives losing fans the option of 2hrs in a pub or fountain (if there’s no e.t.)

London’s a big place. They’ll be thousands of small groups of pissheads all over the place on a Saturday afternoon. Football or no football.

They want people dispersing from large groups around the ground as early as possible. Which is what they’ll get, as no pubs in Wembley will be open for an hour after the final whistle.

I think 3pm might be too early if it doesn’t go to extra time. They won’t want fans congregating in London after the game as might happen. 4pm ko seems about right to me but then the Epsom Derby needs running earlier.
I doubt Epsom will rearrange their fixture for a “football match”

The amount of money involved in the Derby is probably significantly more than the the FA Cup final. Should have scheduled this for the 3pm kick off with the Derby in mind.

Just as an aside, I went to the 1983 Derby (Wednesday as it was), it pissed down and England were playing the Jocks at Wembley that night. The sweaties decided getting pissed at the races in the afternoon was a good way to pass a few hours. It was fucking carnage, free entry to the Downs which was a quagmire, readily available booze from East-end wide boys flogging cans and bottles at over inflated prices and time to spare, what could go wrong? There were thousands of Jocks who wouldn’t have made the match even if they had tickets.

Many of them were caked in mud, and unable to walk properly, it was proper funny but the Jocks were an absolute nuisance. Slowest Derby on record.

London’s a big place. They’ll be thousands of small groups of pissheads all over the place on a Saturday afternoon. Football or no football.

They want people dispersing from large groups around the ground as early as possible. Which is what they’ll get, as no pubs in Wembley will be open for an hour after the final whistle.
That’s what I’m saying, some fans might migrate towards the traditional places in central London if they’re in no rush. The police won’t want flashpoints in multiple places across the city, ideally they want the losing fans to get straight on a train back home as quick as possible which most probably will do to be honest. Anyway we’ll see.

The amount of money involved in the Derby is probably significantly more than the the FA Cup final. Should have scheduled this for the 3pm kick off with the Derby in mind.

Just as an aside, I went to the 1983 Derby (Wednesday as it was), it pissed down and England were playing the Jocks at Wembley that night. The sweaties decided getting pissed at the races in the afternoon was a good way to pass a few hours. It was fucking carnage, free entry to the Downs which was a quagmire, readily available booze from East-end wide boys flogging cans and bottles at over inflated prices and time to spare, what could go wrong? There were thousands of Jocks who wouldn’t have made the match even if they had tickets.

Many of them were caked in mud, and unable to walk properly, it was proper funny but the Jocks were an absolute nuisance. Slowest Derby on record.
Moving the Derby (up or down the card) has been suggested I believe but I’m no expert, I don’t care about it.

Brilliant GIRFUY
From a Sweaty

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.