First ever Manchester Derby final

United lost the final in 2018 after only conceding 1 goal before the final.
City lost the final in 2013 after only conceding 1 goal before the final.
United lost the final in 2005 after only conceding 1 goal before the final.
Liverpool lost in the final in 1988 after only conceding 1 goal before the final.

That’s the best I can do to answer your question, they are all from 1980 onwards so nobody has done what we’ve done and lost from 1980 onwards. There are many years where I can’t find the info on goals conceded on the road to the final without proper going into everyone’s season-by-season records.

It should be noted that City broke a few records in the Champions League in 2020-21 before losing the final to Chelsea:

Longest winning run in UEFA competitions: 7
9th December 2020 – 4th May 2021
(record by an English team)

Most wins in UEFA Champions League in a season: 11
2020-21 season
(record by an English team)

We won 11 of 12 games on the road to the 2021 CL final and the other was a draw, then lost the final.
Cheers ,Just have this in the back of my mind knowing how lucky these fckrs are .

wonder how many have booked trains getting in around 1:30-2ish expecting a 5:30pm KO all now gonna be rushing about ;-)

off the friday so going down then

Sorry, I’ve just read that the Police have said it can kick off no later than 16.45 so there’s been no confirmation on the KO time yet.

I think 3pm might be too early if it doesn’t go to extra time. They won’t want fans congregating in London after the game as might happen. 4pm ko seems about right to me but then the Epsom Derby needs running earlier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.