First game disappointments

I don't really remember it, but my father tells me it was around 1996 at Maine Road vs Norwich, and we lost something like 3-2? (I'm sure he said lost, in fact I don't know why I've never looked into it on the tinterweb).

BlueTG said:
I don't really remember it, but my father tells me it was around 1996 at Maine Road vs Norwich, and we lost something like 3-2? (I'm sure he said lost, in fact I don't know why I've never looked into it on the tinterweb).
Should be on here somewhere;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/Matches/Opponent.aspx?id=95" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/ ... aspx?id=95</a>

Questy said:
noely said:
my first game was city v oldham in 1988 they beat us 4-1

Did you have yer Inflatable Banana ;-)

I dont think I did pretty sure my older brother who took me wouldn't let me I remember being sat outside the clarence for ages then the I think it was then stood outside the sherwood then finally onto the match sat in the north stand then had to run home so my brother can dump me at home and he could could get back on the pop

BlueTG said:

That was the first time either in 80 years or ever that Norwich beat us at our place. I was so pissed I had to check the Sunday paper to find out the score. I was gutted when I read we'd lost despite having been at the match.

taleofbluehalves said:
My first game was Aston Villa, H, 23/01/1988 in the old 2nd Division, Trevor Morley's debut. Exciting to see City in the flesh and our brand new striker. We lost and Morley shot straight at the keeper when through on goal. Gutted but we lost to a decent Villa team.
Anyone had a more disappointing first game?

1988? Jeez....well no accusations that you were a glory hunting tourist then!

Average attendance in 1987/1988 was 19,472 which remains our lowest in nearly last 50 years.

I took my wife to City 0 Portsmouth 0 2006. Nothing to cheer about. Thatcher later banned for the forearm smash. Knew it was going to be a long season after that game. Funnily enough she didn't want to go to another game after that!

taleofbluehalves said:
I took my wife to City 0 Portsmouth 0 2006. Nothing to cheer about. Thatcher later banned for the forearm smash. Knew it was going to be a long season after that game. Funnily enough she didn't want to go to another game after that!
These fairweather fans; pfft! How could she not appreciate such a romantic gesture?

Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:
taleofbluehalves said:
My first game was Aston Villa, H, 23/01/1988 in the old 2nd Division, Trevor Morley's debut. Exciting to see City in the flesh and our brand new striker. We lost and Morley shot straight at the keeper when through on goal. Gutted but we lost to a decent Villa team.
Anyone had a more disappointing first game?

1988? Jeez....well no accusations that you were a glory hunting tourist then!

Average attendance in 1987/1988 was 19,472 which remains our lowest in nearly last 50 years.
Can't say I was a regular to be honest but I saw a few games that season. Fair to say I've seen City through lots of thin before the recent thick.

jimharri said:
taleofbluehalves said:
These fairweather fans; pfft! How could she not appreciate such a romantic gesture?
My brother took his girlfriend........needless to say she's not been since either!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.