First game disappointments

City 1 Oldham 2 - 91-92 season with my old man in the Main Stand.

Graeme Sharpe had a field day at Maine Road, well that's what the end of season review highlights said, still remember that line now.

Needless to say I was hooked and next season I had my first ST on the Kippax.

I was 4 when I went to my 1st game and it was Everton away and all I did for 90 mins was play with a pink comb from a lucky bag. Can't remember the score or anything about the game.

This was it.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/Matches/Match.aspx?id=4043" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/ ... px?id=4043</a>
No wonder I played with the comb

Charlton (A) I think it was after Joe Royle got us promoted from the Championship. We got smashed 4-0. I'm sure I watched that on the big screen at Maine Road

Ooops read the thread wrong thought you meant opening game of the season disappointments. My first game was Spurs late 80's I think we drew 1-1 and Linekar scored for them. Gazza was playing as well

My very 1st game at Maine Road was 1-0 loss to Leicester City in 1995 .
I was in the corporate that night .
It was also the night Eric had a fight with a fan at Crystal Palace .
It was also memorable because I was stuck in the car that night .
The M62 was closed that because of snow .

Rammyblues said:
First game home to Leicester 1978 season we drew or was it 77 fuck me I am getting old.

Wow....spooky or what.....I was just typing the very same thing !

My first game was August 77. Mick channon debut.....home to Leicester

My mates kept telling me it was deafening when City scored......

I never found out that day.... A putrid 0 - 0 !

taleofbluehalves said:
I took my wife to City 0 Portsmouth 0 2006. Nothing to cheer about. Thatcher later banned for the forearm smash. Knew it was going to be a long season after that game. Funnily enough she didn't want to go to another game after that!

That was a shit game, think that was on my Birthday. Luckily I think over the last ten years I can't remember us starting a season too badly. August usually seems to be a good month.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.