First Game

Some old feckers on here ;) My dad managed to drag me along in 97 against Grimsby.

I'll forever be greatfull.

The good thing about being an old feck is that we have seen a great City team twice. I was finishing at school and just starting work in 69 and had bragging rights over the raggies.I served my time at Churchills on Atlantic St and it was rife with them, but they could say fuck all.

Jamaica 0-0 at Maine Road 1998 before they went to the World Cup. League game was Bournemouth that season 2-1 win. Dickov and Danny Allsopp scoring!

Actually an away game at Elland Road. Around 1979 i think. It was 1-1, with Kiddo smashing in a volley from 25 yards to equalise. I couldn't celebrate 'cos I was in with the home fans. We moved to Leeds in 1975. My dad took me to Elland Road loads to try and get me to support dirty Leeds, but I wasn't having any of it.

Age 7, my first game was City v Bolton on 4th November 1995 sat in the North Stand. Despite thinking for years that we had won 2-1, I've just looked it up and it was only 1-0 so I must have been cheering for corners or something. Nicky Summerbee scored the goal and they retrospectively named the bar in City Square after him in order to mark the occasion.

It was our first win of the season (IN NOVEMBER!) but my Dad thought I was a lucky charm so I went quite regularly after that. My luck wore out and we were relegated that season which began the descent to York away. School was quite a difficult time as the only City fan, but the journey to this point has been quite enjoyable.

Had a season ticket since the 96/97 season.

Old Trafford, April 1972: Man Utd 1 Man City 3

I remember Rodney Marsh coming on as substitute and scoring with a well-placed shot from the edge of the area. Franny Lee scored at least one of the others. Never been able to find footage on Youtube or elsewhere.

1998 against Derby at home in the Worthington Cup, we lost 0-1 and Wanchope scored for them from a deflected shot from outside the box that ended up in the top corner IIRC. I was 15 when i first got to go to Maine Road, mainly because all my family were rags so i didnt get to go to a game until a school mate offered me a ticket. Shit game tbf, we had awful players but i was a City fan way before that so it was already a done deal.

Leeds United at home. New Mills juniors hired a coach and had a club outing. I used to think it was 1970 and 1-0 but looking at the history section it must have been 1971.

That would make me 9 or 10 years old.

Northern Final of the full members cup v Hull. December 85 I think. Won 2-0.
Brain Horton was their manager.

Don't know for sure but 9th December 2000 vs Everton is the first one I remember. 5-0, we absolutely battered them; 'You should have gone Christmas robbing' being the chant I remember.

Went to Delamere Forest that day with my late grandad to buy a Christmas tree. Remember listening on the radio clear as day, think the Goat bagged a few..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.