First Game

My first game was in 88, a cup game away at Huddersfield. Can't remember much due to my age, a 2-2 draw I was later told. My first proper memory was the 5 -1 thumping of the rags in 89, quality ball by Bish, brilliant cross by David White and a bullet header from Hinchcliffe. Been hooked ever since.

1984 FAC R3 - Blackpool 2 CITY 1...All sorts of aggro in Blackpool that day. Local scum throwing fruit at Alex. My old man was a Tango and promised me to take me to the first Blackpool City encounter. Being a fisherman, midweek league Cup games were a no no!

A 0-0 draw against Birmingham in the 1982/83 season. Highlight of the game was a dog running on the pitch.
My 3rd game was the relegation against Luton. For many years afterwards I did wonder whether that should have been my chance to have got out of supporting City whilst I still could !

January 1972, 5-2 home win v Wolves - I'd just turned 5, so it was appropriate number of goals for us to score. I always thought Franny lee scored 2, but just looked it up and he actually got a hat-trick.

Thanks for the memories - though mines going! I was taken to see Blackpool but I think it must have been '56. Stanley Matthews was playing but we had Savage in goal because Bert was out with his broken neck. Bert was my hero and I was thrilled when he came back - in the home game to Leicester, which we won 4-3. Do you remember those games?

It's gone a bit more, BluessinceHydeRoad! I thought for a number of years that I watched the game some months after the 56 final, but on looking it up I found it was September, 55! I'd watched five months after the 55 final! You had me thinking I was right in the first place, but no, 24 Sept, 55 City 2 (Revie, Johnstone) Blackpool 0! We lost both games the following season to Blackpool! Jeez, those tangerine shirts were some kit!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.