First Trip to Etihad!

It really is not the best atmosphere (and genuine atmosphere) is lower level East Stand near the away fans
Nope, 115 is the place to be.
Were also next to the away fans
Your not famous anymore is what we sing to you :-)

We have flags
We have Big Steve
More tv’s
Vending machines which charge about £5.00 for a Chocolate Bar
Were allowed to piss in the smoking area
Even at half time it’s great.
Any other stand got a DJ with supporters dancing on tables singing?

Didn’t think so

You have Thogden, the tv camera pointed at you and the sun in your eyes ;-)

Last edited:
There is so much to see and do in and around Manchester

You will find that Mancunians are quite a friendly bunch but do have a dark sense of humour (my sister who has lived in the states for years always notices this when she comes home)

I hope you have a great time, you will certainly get the more authentic football experience, even though it's changing the vast majority of fans come from a radius of 50 miles of Manchester I know that's a short stroll for most americans but within that 50 miles there will be 20 different accents, bread rolls will be called something different in every town (and families will fall out over them, it's a Barm Cake anyway)

Do feel free to ask more questions the knowledge on this forum is 2nd to none

Thank you so much for all this info. It will be extremely helpful as I plan. I am looking into some Airbnb's in the City Centre or anywhere I can get to the stadium quickly from. It'll just be my wife and I and we plan to arrive on a Thursday and leave on Sunday. I will most definitely be doing a tour before leaving. Thank you again for taking the time out to help. Much appreciated.
If you look at google maps and map Piccadilly train station to the ground it is 30 mins walk (I know no-one walks in America - sorry for the stereo-type...). However more importantly there is a road called "Great Ancoats Street" which is 10 mins into the journey. Wherever you choose to stay do NOT stay closer than that to the ground. There is absolutely no point because 1) it isn't as nice 2) although closer to the ground, you are further from everything else apart from the game and 3) it is very easily accessible - taxi/walk/tram - 1000s walk to and from the ground from Piccadilly train station.

There is so much to see and do in and around Manchester

You will find that Mancunians are quite a friendly bunch but do have a dark sense of humour (my sister who has lived in the states for years always notices this when she comes home)

I hope you have a great time, you will certainly get the more authentic football experience, even though it's changing the vast majority of fans come from a radius of 50 miles of Manchester I know that's a short stroll for most americans but within that 50 miles there will be 20 different accents, bread rolls will be called something different in every town (and families will fall out over them, it's a Barm Cake anyway)

Do feel free to ask more questions the knowledge on this forum is 2nd to none
It's humor not humour. You are communicating with an American.

Go see the Lincoln statue in the city centre for some history on the Manchester mill workers and their refusal to handle slave cotton

The story of ‘The Salford Sioux’ is also an interesting one

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.