Fix The Roof

kippaxkid74 said:
Corky said:
The temporary covers around 120 and I assume 111 were shockingly inadequate yesterday. Any sort of heavy rain and it just runs through the gaps, and the club have had over 4 months to sort something proper out.

There are puddles from previous days whether or not it rains on match day, so this problem should have been known. It reflects badly on the club charging a fortune for tickets then doing a botched job in the corners.

awwww poor diddums, i suggest you contact the club for a full refund.

sorry for the sarcasm, but it bugs me that people who used to sit in the snug dry back bit have not stopped moaning about getting wet during the rebuild (some even have genuinely suggested a partial refund!)..

we sit on level one row 9 east stand, nowhere near the rebuild, and got soaked through for the whole match yesterday, as we do any time it rains... and we have a roof above us. There's a permanent puddle nearby. We don't whinge, we're used to it, we've all got wet for what 11 years now! You'll be back to having your roof soon, so stop moaning ;)

Yep, everytime the cold wind blasts through the perspex up top level of tier 3 I remind myself that it's a better option than those parts of the ground that have always been exposed to the Manchester rain for many years, not a fucking few months due to welcomed construction being paid for by a very generous man and his organisation.

Vic said:
[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/G1mkhRI.jpg[/bigimg]
"At the corners in the location of the first new rafter, the roof coverings and existing
rafter will be removed in its entirety and a temporary fabric roof installed across the
two bays. This will protect the fans from the rain for one season, and if rolled back
provide a good access for preloading materials with the tower crane. ...
How the heck could you roll that back?

The rear of the box level slab will receive a waterproof membrane following the
demolition works.Is it invisible or is that a great big hole I see? A temporary rain water provision will be installed, with rainwater
disposal from the cut back roof needs to be directed to the relocated underground
drainage locations."

(From the Construction Management Plan)
The reason I bought my seat in block 212 was so I got a great view and stood no chance of getting wet. This season the view is still great but the chances of getting soaked are there for all to see.

The club should have given us the option to stay there at a reduced price or offered to relocate us temporarily, let the day trippers from abroad have those seats.

There is another alternative, let us all stand up like the old days you rarely had a wet pair of trousers and a soggy arse then.

Gray said:
Vic said:
"At the corners in the location of the first new rafter, the roof coverings and existing
rafter will be removed in its entirety and a temporary fabric roof installed across the
two bays. This will protect the fans from the rain for one season, and if rolled back

demolition works.Is it invisible or is that a great big hole I see? A temporary rain water provision will be installed, with rainwater
disposal from the cut back roof needs to be directed to the relocated underground
drainage locations."

The reason I bought my seat in block 212 was so I got a great view and stood no chance of getting wet. This season the view is still great but the chances of getting soaked are there for all to see.

The club should have given us the option to stay there at a reduced price or offered to relocate us temporarily, let the day trippers from abroad have those seats.

There is another alternative, let us all stand up like the old days you rarely had a wet pair of trousers and a soggy arse then.

I sit in the family stand lower tier & most of us got pissed wet through on Thursday, so much so I've come down with the worst chest infection I've ever had - possibly bronchitis. Might be missing the game tomorrow (if I get permission from the Empty seats thread). If I go I'm going to sing loud and proud (to please the Why So Quiet thread) and pass the germs on.

willy eckerslike said:
Gray said:
Vic said:

drainage locations."

I sit in the family stand lower tier & most of us got pissed wet through on Thursday, so much so I've come down with the worst chest infection I've ever had - possibly bronchitis. Might be missing the game tomorrow (if I get permission from the Empty seats thread). If I go I'm going to sing loud and proud (to please the Why So Quiet thread) and pass the germs on.

Hell no! Get your arse to the match!

The weather doesn't make you ill. It's statiscaly been proven to be children who are the main spreaders of germs. Your mistake was sitting in he family stand with the germ infested kids who don't know what suffering is!

I'm ill with I don't know what but I found when I was in the ground Sunderland equalising got the adrenaline pumping and kept my symptoms at bay. Then a pint for each of Spurs goals (minus one) meant I felt better till it wore off making me feel shit ever since.

City is good for you immune system.

bammy blue said:
Maybe we could do something like this MASSIVE roof, would look fantastic!!

2420083220_3786c48082.jpg
Let it rain

Vic said:
kippaxkid74 said:
Corky said:
The temporary covers around 120 and I assume 111 were shockingly inadequate yesterday. Any sort of heavy rain and it just runs through the gaps, and the club have had over 4 months to sort something proper out.

There are puddles from previous days whether or not it rains on match day, so this problem should have been known. It reflects badly on the club charging a fortune for tickets then doing a botched job in the corners.

awwww poor diddums, i suggest you contact the club for a full refund.

sorry for the sarcasm, but it bugs me that people who used to sit in the snug dry back bit have not stopped moaning about getting wet during the rebuild (some even have genuinely suggested a partial refund!)..

we sit on level one row 9 east stand, nowhere near the rebuild, and got soaked through for the whole match yesterday, as we do any time it rains... and we have a roof above us. There's a permanent puddle nearby. We don't whinge, we're used to it, we've all got wet for what 11 years now! You'll be back to having your roof soon, so stop moaning ;)

You've had 10 years to move if you wanted, and everyone knew the front rows would be vulnerable to swept-in rain (what you get for having a stadium designed by an Australian). I'm not sure how that helps those who could expect to be in seats not vulnerable, both under the second tier balcony (!) and in the second tier, when the plan was to protect from the rain during the works.

I was just pointing out people are acting like it's the end of the world and that they expect money back! When it will be fixed for them by summer, and i pay the same (probably more cos it's not in the corner!) season ticket as they do yet get wet and don't moan for money back...

And i never said i wanted to move, and i think you'll find people don't count almost half way back of the lower tier "the front rows" ;) We just get wet when it's wet and windy, and we deal with it, we don't make threads about it on here like many have this season - i mean when the "temp" corner fixing was late being put in at the start of the season someone started a thread demanding compensation!!!!!

I remember standing at Boundary park wearing a tee shirt and light jumper getting soaked. Those were days hey ?

Ok, We will fix the roof.
We will send you James Milner to do the job.
Apparently he is capable of fulfilling any position in this club.
And I'm definitely not going to bet against his success at even fixing the roof.....LoL

I'm predicting, he is going to score against Everton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.