Fix The Roof

There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing.

quiet_riot said:
B6RbdMaCUAAKpii.jpg

Is that Julian Assange on his phone?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
marco said:
corkey i think its one of those things we have to put up with while this work gets done, think back to the days of Oldham away in the days of no roofs

Yeah - all my formative City supporting years were spent on the roofless North Stand at Maine Road. It pissed down every fuckin' home match. Moss Side monsoooooons! So pissed wet through the bastards wouldn't let us back on the footy specials. Had to walk home all the fuckin' way down Rochdale Road!

you mean the scoreboard end :)

de niro said:
marco said:
corkey i think its one of those things we have to put up with while this work gets done, think back to the days of Oldham away in the days of no roofs

Yeah - all my formative City supporting years were spent on the roofless North Stand at Maine Road. It pissed down every fuckin' home match. Moss Side monsoooooons! So pissed wet through the bastards wouldn't let us back on the footy specials. Had to walk home all the fuckin' way down Rochdale Road!

And it was only sixpence to transfer into the under cover Kippax the tight git would rather stand in the rain.

Corky said:
The temporary covers around 120 and I assume 111 were shockingly inadequate yesterday. Any sort of heavy rain and it just runs through the gaps, and the club have had over 4 months to sort something proper out.

There are puddles from previous days whether or not it rains on match day, so this problem should have been known. It reflects badly on the club charging a fortune for tickets then doing a botched job in the corners.

awwww poor diddums, i suggest you contact the club for a full refund.

sorry for the sarcasm, but it bugs me that people who used to sit in the snug dry back bit have not stopped moaning about getting wet during the rebuild (some even have genuinely suggested a partial refund!)..

we sit on level one row 9 east stand, nowhere near the rebuild, and got soaked through for the whole match yesterday, as we do any time it rains... and we have a roof above us. There's a permanent puddle nearby. We don't whinge, we're used to it, we've all got wet for what 11 years now! You'll be back to having your roof soon, so stop moaning ;)

kippaxkid74 said:
Corky said:
The temporary covers around 120 and I assume 111 were shockingly inadequate yesterday. Any sort of heavy rain and it just runs through the gaps, and the club have had over 4 months to sort something proper out.

There are puddles from previous days whether or not it rains on match day, so this problem should have been known. It reflects badly on the club charging a fortune for tickets then doing a botched job in the corners.

sorry for the sarcasm, but it bugs me that people who used to sit in the snug dry back bit have not stopped moaning about getting wet during the rebuild (some even have genuinely suggested a partial refund!)..

we sit on level one row 9 east stand, nowhere near the rebuild, and got soaked through for the whole match yesterday, as we do any time it rains... and we have a roof above us. There's a permanent puddle nearby. We don't whinge, we're used to it, we've all got wet for what 11 years now! You'll be back to having your roof soon, so stop moaning ;)

Natural selection :)

kippaxkid74 said:
Corky said:

You've had 10 years to move if you wanted, and everyone knew the front rows would be vulnerable to swept-in rain (what you get for having a stadium designed by an Australian). I'm not sure how that helps those who could expect to be in seats not vulnerable, both under the second tier balcony (!) and in the second tier, when the plan was to protect from the rain during the works.

"At the corners in the location of the first new rafter, the roof coverings and existing
rafter will be removed in its entirety and a temporary fabric roof installed across the
two bays. This will protect the fans from the rain for one season, and if rolled back
provide a good access for preloading materials with the tower crane. ...

The rear of the box level slab will receive a waterproof membrane following the
demolition works. A temporary rain water provision will be installed, with rainwater
disposal from the cut back roof needs to be directed to the relocated underground
drainage locations."

(From the Construction Management Plan)

one day if we win the lottery maybe we'll stretch the roof out a bit and fix any holes

till then we can but dream and enjoy the new Gene Kelly for what it is......

at least the atmosphere is cracking ;-)

i kne albert davy said:
de niro said:

And it was only sixpence to transfer into the under cover Kippax the tight git would rather stand in the rain.

ha ha i remember that gate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.