Fixed penalty notice....3 points

You can be a brave lad and try this.
A friend of mine argued that the camera was always being vandalised.
He argued that the calibration of it could be out.
Unless they could prove the machine was recalibrated that morning , then it was difficult to prove his speed.
He won. They couldn't prove it had been recalibrated since the latest vandalism.
Also.
Appeal it on the last day to pay.
The fine will still stay at the minimum amount on appeal.

So you've been nailed twice in two years? Ouch. What's the limit on penalty points on insurance policies in the UK these days? I got done 11 years ago; €80 fine and three penalty points. Didn't affect my insurance premium, luckily enough.

Good. What makes people think it is acceptable to drive above the speed limit? If you got sent on a course and still did it again then it should be a ban in my book.

If the speed was quoted at 37mph your speedo would have been at least 40mph, and you knew the camera was there!

I'm not justifying speeding but get to know the law. There are many types of camera, for example a gatso isn't type approved to get you front facing etc. There are always challenges if you read up on the regs. Half of the old school gatso's have no film in because it's too expensive. Road markings etc, can all have an influence.

I use a dash cam with an inbuilt radar and it picks up many cameras before it's too late, even mobile ones.

I've long argued that the speed limit in the UK is too low. Our attitude to driving isn't open and the worst drivers are the slow ones, imo, because they're frightened to fuckin death of the road.

There are some dicks who go to quick, that's because they're brain dead half wits who have no fuckin road sense. They are the ones that kill.

The best drivers are the quickest ones, ask Lewis Hamilton.

Good. What makes people think it is acceptable to drive above the speed limit? If you got sent on a course and still did it again then it should be a ban in my book.

Irwell I agree with you mate I really do. It was not speeding for the fun of it. I knew the camera was there. I was shocked when I received the summons. I was obviously not concentrating enough. But be honest with yourself have you never ever been over the speed limit by at least a mile or three ? Im sure we have all done it and its easily done.

If the speed was quoted at 37mph your speedo would have been at least 40mph, and you knew the camera was there!

I'm not justifying speeding but get to know the law. There are many types of camera, for example a gatso isn't type approved to get you front facing etc. There are always challenges if you read up on the regs. Half of the old school gatso's have no film in because it's too expensive. Road markings etc, can all have an influence.

I use a dash cam with an inbuilt radar and it picks up many cameras before it's too late, even mobile ones

I've long argued that the speed limit in the UK is too low. Our attitude to driving isn't open and the worst drivers are the slow ones, imo, because they're frightened to fuckin death of the road.

There are some dicks who go to quick, that's because they're brain dead half wits who have no fuckin road sense. They are the ones that kill.

The best drivers are the quickest ones, ask Lewis Hamilton.

Fella that's nonsense

Your radar is picking up the signal that is hitting your car
It is picking it up, but if you are speeding it is too late

I had a Road Angel device that was the same. It warned of fixed camera locations and of well known mobile speed trap areas and also went to red alert when it picked up a mobile camera that was focused on me. But if the camera is already on you and checking your speed it's too late

Irwell I agree with you mate I really do. It was not speeding for the fun of it. I knew the camera was there. I was shocked when I received the summons. I was obviously not concentrating enough. But be honest with yourself have you never ever been over the speed limit by at least a mile or three ? Im sure we have all done it and its easily done.

I think the Bluemoon community are being harsh on you mate
Everyone has made a speeding error when behind the wheel

I did something similar and picked up a fine and points for 46 in a 40. I knew the camera was there, but lost concentration as I was running my mate's wife to hospital where my mate had been taken

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.