Fixtures Calendar - 2021/22

City should be playing hell about this. No reason for us not to be playing on the Sunday.
It's the rags who should be playing hell. The new agreement was for teams to not play on Saturday lunchtime following a Wednesday Champions League game. Not only do they play Wednesday but it's an away game. We're at home on the Tuesday so playing on Saturday lunchtime isn't an issue for us.
Edit - ignore this. Got my dates totally mixed up. We play on Wednesday and they play Tuesday. Farcical.

Last edited:
It's the rags who should be playing hell. The new agreement was for teams to not play on Saturday lunchtime following a Wednesday Champions League game. Not only do they play Wednesday but it's an away game. We're at home on the Tuesday so playing on Saturday lunchtime isn't an issue for us.
As if they would let that happen. United play Tuesday and us Wednesday.

I don't get it ... Sat 12:30pm on Sky ... fine if GMP doesn't want 7:45pm on Sat, do it at their normal 5:30pm slot. WTF is this that one team has clear advantage while we get a whole 24 hours less to rest and prepare. That 24 hrs btw is 33% less time than them as only 2-3 days in between, they get 3, we get 2!

And that West Ham game is moved due to their Europa League participation, not for TV. So don't get caught out thinking it's Sunday 2pm so it'd be on Sky.

Anyway, the calendar (first post) has been updated. Will update again later tonight when we know the Carabao R4 tie as well.

I don't get it ... Sat 12:30pm on Sky ... fine if GMP doesn't want 7:45pm on Sat, do it at their normal 5:30pm slot. WTF is this that one team has clear advantage while we get a whole 24 hours less to rest and prepare. That 24 hrs btw is 33% less time than them as only 2-3 days in between, they get 3, we get 2!

And that West Ham game is moved due to their Europa League participation, not for TV. So don't get caught out thinking it's Sunday 2pm so it'd be on Sky.

Anyway, the calendar (first post) has been updated. Will update again later tonight when we know the Carabao R4 tie as well.
Although West Ham and city are both due to play on the Tuesday following the Sunday game. I’d imagine the Tuesday games will move to Wednesday but odd they’ve not already done it.

Although West Ham and city are both due to play on the Tuesday following the Sunday game. I’d imagine the Tuesday games will move to Wednesday but odd they’ve not already done it.

Yeah I know, normally that'd be sorted with November fixtures itself even if few would need to fall on 1st December. But I heard on one of whatsapp groups (someone I know working in the media) that Amazon Prime is going back and forth over spreading that round over FOUR days instead of TWO, as they have the merseyside derby that gameweek as well as a few other bug games like united arsenal and obviously grealish's return to villa and they don't want to pile on every fixture at the same time on two nights, so they have asked for either two full game slots on two days (so earlier 6pm kickoffs and then 8pm kickoffs) on both days or be allowed to schedule them mon-tue-wed and thu (according to him they could possibly get three days in the end incl. thursday) ... so let's see when that is announced or if they get announced with the next lot (which will be Dec and Jan fixtures, supposedly coming on 11 October, but don't hold your breath for that date as today's announcement was almost a week late as well).

Hmmm, I'm told the early kickoffs before CL games was requested by the PL participants who are travelling. What I don't like, is how many of our early kickoffs, have conveniently fallen against Big 6 teams. That will be 3 out of 5 by the end of November and those are the games that normally matter most(except Arsenal these days).

Having looked closer:
The Spurs away game was 4:30pm. Good.
The Arsenal game was just before an international break. Early kickoff.
The Chelsea game is before the away PSG game. Early kickoff, that's fine.
Liverpool away game is 4:30pm before an international break. Good.
The United game is before an international break. Early kickoff.

So two of those can't have been because of CL away legs for either side. Why can't they just schedule them better in the first place?

Last edited:
Carabao Cup R4 tie (West Ham Away) added to the calendar ... for now on Tuesday 26th October by default but in all likelihood it'll be on Wednesday 27th October and on Sky to be followed up with the next draw (QFs).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.