Fixtures Calendar - 2021/22

Yup, pretty much … with them two being the only two midweeks left … Wolves should be announced shortly and West Ham one obviously is dependent on us dicking the scousers for a second time in that week in April ;)
Those are the only two free midweeks should we progress in the Champions League. If we go out against Atlético, the Wolves and (if required) West Ham games could be played in the weeks of the CL semi finals.
But I like the optimism of presuming that's not going to happen!

Those are the only two free midweeks should we progress in the Champions League. If we go out against Atlético, the Wolves and (if required) West Ham games could be played in the weeks of the CL semi finals.
But I like the optimism of presuming that's not going to happen!
Have UEFA given up on domestic games not being played on Euro nights?

Have UEFA given up on domestic games not being played on Euro nights?
There’s been a special dispensation this season due to all the Covid postponements having to be fitted in. There have been a few rearranged PL games played on CL nights in the last few weeks - Arsenal v Liverpool was one.
They try to play them on Thursdays if possible but scheduling doesn’t always permit it.

There’s been a special dispensation this season due to all the Covid postponements having to be fitted in. There have been a few rearranged PL games played on CL nights in the last few weeks - Arsenal v Liverpool was one.
They try to play them on Thursdays if possible but scheduling doesn’t always permit it.
I think that several counties told UEFA to piss off. It is ludicrous that teams who are not involved in the CL were blocked from playing mid-week for at least half of the possible slots.

There are many countries that have no interest in the CL by this stage - including Scotland - so UEFA were totally out of order in trying to force teams to play with 17:30 kick-offs and the like. UEFA backed off and that was the end of it.

I think that several counties told UEFA to piss off. It is ludicrous that teams who are not involved in the CL were blocked from playing mid-week for at least half of the possible slots.

There are many countries that have no interest in the CL by this stage - including Scotland - so UEFA were totally out of order in trying to force teams to play with 17:30 kick-offs and the like. UEFA backed off and that was the end of it.
What happened to sporting integrity?
Spurs v Arsenal could have been played on at least three occasions by now.
I'm guessing Sky are holding it back as a CL play off but holding the fixture is not in the spirit of fairness

What happened to sporting integrity?
Spurs v Arsenal could have been played on at least three occasions by now.
I'm guessing Sky are holding it back as a CL play off but holding the fixture is not in the spirit of fairness
The only reason it has not been played so far is that it could not have been televised in competition with the CL.

Sporting integrity my arse! Why should UEFA be allowed to prevent teams playing on 11 possible mid-week slots?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.