Fixtures Calendar - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we have had many home game openers in the last twenty year (explanation re pitch accepted). Scouse bastards FIVE seasons running against promoted teams is a bit harder to explain in my opinion.

I love the fact that Liverpool at home is on April Fool’s Day!!!

I know, I know, small things amuse small minds. ;-)

It's right after the stupid international break ... not sure I like them games right after int'l breaks. We also have United (H) after the Sept break and Leeds (A) after the World Cup break!

Every year we get people claiming it's bent, but it doesn't really make any sense. It's annoying to be away first and last game, but it really doesn't make any difference over the course of a season.

Having a tough first away game, especially after a WC or Euros, is potentially a major disadvantage. We’ve had Arsenal, Wolves, Spurs and now West Ham away the last 4 years. We’ve done incredibly well to win 3/4 but last season we basically had to win the league over 37 games since our team wasn’t ready for such a big game early on with players only just back in training.

When you look at the opening games our title rivals start with by comparison then it does give them a potential advantage on the starting line.

I’m not claiming conspiracy but that’s certainly very bad luck and good luck for our rivals 4 years in a row.

It weird how a set of 38 games can immediately be labelled as bent.

The only time of the season where it really matters is the games around the semi finals of the CL and FA cup, if we’re still in all comps.

The rest of the time, we play every 3 days anyway.

We’re generally better away from home these days too.

It‘s hard to understand why anyone would get angry about a set of fixtures.
I've seen some ludicrous comments on here this morning. "Random, my arse" and "bent as fuck" are two that stuck in my mind. I'd love to see their theories on Kennedy's assassination, or the disappearances of Lord Lucan and Shergar.

Happy with them fixtures’ only one that stands out to me is Chelsea 2nd to last game season , and after champs league semi 2nd leg . But it’s our last home game so bring it on

I don't think we have had many home game openers in the last twenty year (explanation re pitch accepted). Scouse bastards FIVE seasons running against promoted teams is a bit harder to explain in my opinion.
Promoted team away is absolutely the last fixture I’d want as an opener.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.