Fixtures Calendar - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say,I dont understand the logic of some major sporting events being postponed but not others. Should be all or nothing surely.
Each sporting authority will want to pay their respects in their own way so this will happen on different days due to what is scheduled when. As football is the biggest profile sport, I guess they want to do the expected thing, especially with William’s role at the FA.

Correct.The Wolves game should be postponed no arguments and the Spurs game should go ahead as the Dortmund game as well.
For the FA to have not postponed the Wolves game already is a disgrace.
Unless they're gauging the reaction to this weekend's cancellations (and other sports going ahead) and hoping they can go ahead. Or perhaps they have to wait to see if the police believe they can police the games as it's so close to the funeral.

The guidance from the govt specifically mentions considering events on just the day of the actual funeral, so I'd assume, if there aren't logistical issues, and other sports have gone ahead, it's worth waiting as there's a possibility that games can go ahead without any major criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.