Fixtures Calendar - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think EPL was just too scared for their image and being blamed for 'another proof' how modern football is detached from ordinary people, money, money and more money.....', so they jumped. Unlike those fuckers playing cricket and rugby, they teach them in public schools to be self-confident and do as they wish even in the worst of situations.

I think it quite likely that the funeral will be on a weekday, say a week on Monday. In that case next weeks fixtures should not be impacted. I am sure the date will very soon be known.

I think it quite likely that the funeral will be on a weekday, say a week on Monday. In that case next weeks fixtures should not be impacted. I am sure the date will very soon be known.
Sorry I jumped the gun.
I thought the funeral was the day of the Wolves game.

The prem league shit it again for fear of public backlash. Well I look forward to the shit hitting the fan when they try and cram these fixtures in at some ridiculous date
Are next weeks fixtures in doubt as well then!

I think theyve got it so wrong,some play sport but football doesent what a farce,thats a joke ,i think it would of been great to show respect and sing the national anthem proud and screened globally showing our love for the queen,am so pissed off about it its either no sport or sport no one an then not the other how is that fair on people that have spent money ect booking trips

What I suspect is this. Most match-going supporters, and most football supporters, whether armchair or not, would have wanted the games to go ahead. Not because they absolutely have to get their ‘fix’ of football, but because a minute's scrupulously observed silence at every ground in the country, possibly followed by the singing of the National Anthem, would have been much more moving as a tribute than anything that's going to take place tomorrow. Football supporters understand this. And it would have been beamed to literally millions of viewers around the world.
However, I believe it would have been strongly disapproved of by those who are either indifferent to, or hate football. I know some, so do you. I don't think the powers at the EFL wanted to risk that disapproval. I think they're wrong, but hey, there you go.

Last edited:
I don't see how they can pull the wolves game if the dortmund game is going ahead - presuming the funeral isn't on the Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.