Fixtures Calendar - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news regarding the dortmund game. Wouldn't like to go into a Derby cold. At least the champs league games can tick us over if Wolves gets canned.

Having read the forum clearly there are individuals who have come from abroad, or even travelling within the UK with train and hotels booked. This seems a very polarised debate on the forum. There is no right or wrong. Personally I can not understand why all other aspects of society continue to function and a footy match has to be cancelled. I would argue that a full stadium with a minute's silence and the crowd singing the new national anthem would mean more than a cancellation.Respect is mutual. If individuals did not wish to attend of course they could stay at home. I suspect the ground would have been full one way or another.

Having read the forum clearly there are individuals who have come from abroad, or even travelling within the UK with train and hotels booked. This seems a very polarised debate on the forum. There is no right or wrong. Personally I can not understand why all other aspects of society continue to function and a footy match has to be cancelled. I would argue that a full stadium with a minute's silence and the crowd singing the new national anthem would mean more than a cancellation.Respect is mutual. If individuals did not wish to attend of course they could stay at home. I suspect the ground would have been full one way or another.
They've caved in mate, spineless fuckers all round at the Premier league, fa etc

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about canceling the pl fixtures this weekend. What I would say I’m miffed that games have been called off because we could have given the world a rendition of the queen is dead god save the king. The other side of me says this is respect of our monarch of 70yrs. A very difficult time.

Sorry I jumped the gun.
I thought the funeral was the day of the Wolves game.
Bennyboy - I am sure there are a lot of Bennyboy's up in Scotland but there is one that posts regarding a very famous singer. I just thought I would ask if it were you!

as ive paid for parking in the blue carpark will that be saved for the rearranged game or will they just give us our money back and book it again at the time

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about canceling the pl fixtures this weekend. What I would say I’m miffed that games have been called off because we could have given the world a rendition of the queen is dead god save the king. The other side of me says this is respect of our monarch of 70yrs. A very difficult time.

I can't help but wonder what the Queen herself would have thought of this. Knowing that many ordinary people with travel and accommodation expenses would lose this money and that kids would be unable to play football this weekend she would, if my asessment of her character is correct, be recalling her predecessor's words "We are not amused".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.