Fixtures Calendar - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the premier league and EFL have shown how out of touch they are again and have jumped in fear of backlash, despite Government officials saying the games can be played. The Queen loved her sport, I can not think of a better send off than football grounds being full around the country all weekend paying respects with minutes silences and belting out the national anthem. What a joke.

It's not just premier league though. It's kids' football upwards. The default position for anything now is a lockdown. They've stopped weather forecasts out of respect.
Yeah we've got an 8 Yr old who's training and tournaments have been cancelled. The kids are upset. Do the FA expect them to be sat at home all weekend crying because the Queen has died?
A few of the team are going to the field for a kick about instead.

Yeah we've got an 8 Yr old who's training and tournaments have been cancelled. The kids are upset. Do the FA expect them to be sat at home all weekend crying because the Queen has died?
A few of the team are going to the field for a kick about instead.
No, but they’ll be shoved in front of the box and told to watch history unfold, whilst be bored out of their minds.

Monday for the funeral, but foolishly it looks like they may have pulled the wrong fixtures, as they're now worried that next weekend there will be policing/organisational issues which force their hand.

My reading from the Guardian piece is that our Wolves match next Saturday will be game on.

Hmmm rugby and cricket go ahead tomorrow yet football doesn’t,as some have already posted bit strange when other sports are continuing,maybe there’s more to it than we are being told,maybe the fear of disruption at the minutes silence which probably would have took place at games was part of the reason but that’s a bit of a reach from me thinking that..

Hard to believe that the season started earlier and yet there is a possibility of going into October having played only 6 league games.

32 games and a World Cup in the mix to follow.

Going to be a case of who can cope best with the revised schedule.

Looks like the premier league and EFL have shown how out of touch they are again and have jumped in fear of backlash, despite Government officials saying the games can be played. The Queen loved her sport, I can not think of a better send off than football grounds being full around the country all weekend paying respects with minutes silences and belting out the national anthem. What a joke.
Maybe they were afraid that Liverpool fans would boo the minutes silence and the national anthem, wouldn't put it past them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.