Fixtures Calendar - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’d think in a time of planning for the worst, someone might have considered what we do if the Queen dies. Ffs she was 96. I saw the headline the world was in shock…….really

It’s a shame that public show of respect & appreciation can’t be shown, all codes of sport & all over the commonwealth will have that opportunity but the premier league has denied English football fans that.
Considering she was carrying out her duties a couples days previous I suppose it was somewhat a shock.

Agree with many on here no need to cancel the fixtures this weekend IMHO.

Considering she was carrying out her duties a couples days previous I suppose it was somewhat a shock.

No one has seemed to ask what has happened, but I guess most people are nosey enough to what to know.

It’s not as if she’s a scaffolder, her duties involve being present & she’d not managed to do that, it’s fair to say she’d cut back massively. Why because of health, she was old. I thought how amazing she was at her favourite place Balmoral but again that’s likely her wish, so probably planned.

Main point was premier league not having a plan, like …..tragic death stop all events until after funeral. Natural causes ……. Continue except for state funeral.

Easiest contingency plan ever.

Hmmm rugby and cricket go ahead tomorrow yet football doesn’t,as some have already posted bit strange when other sports are continuing,maybe there’s more to it than we are being told,maybe the fear of disruption at the minutes silence which probably would have took place at games was part of the reason but that’s a bit of a reach from me thinking that..
Will there not be a minutes silence on Wednesday v Dortmund

Or v Wolves if that goes ahead

Looks like the premier league and EFL have shown how out of touch they are again and have jumped in fear of backlash, despite Government officials saying the games can be played. The Queen loved her sport, I can not think of a better send off than football grounds being full around the country all weekend paying respects with minutes silences and belting out the national anthem. What a joke.
The FA and prem are a bunch of clowns

Can't be arsed getting out of bed, no point really now I hve no plans
Yep, a big part of the weekend fucked. Was really looking forward to seeing City for the first time this season, meeting in Wetherspoon's Chesterfield for dinner and a couple of pints , then train to Manchester, a few more pints then the game.
Would've been a great day after a crap week at work, but worse things happen at sea as they say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.