Fixtures Calendar - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Date hasn’t been confirmed yet, apparently later this evening
Ah, I thought I’d read it was Monday week and a bank holiday, is that just a rumour then? Also rumours of difficulty playing games in London next weekend Sat and Sun due to coppers needed for the funeral, but surely they Could get round that IF the funeral is on the Monday?

Ah, I thought I’d read it was Monday week and a bank holiday, is that just a rumour then? Also rumours of difficulty playing games in London next weekend Sat and Sun due to coppers needed for the funeral, but surely they Could get round that IF the funeral is on the Monday?
It’s definitely a bank holiday but the actual date hasn’t yet been confirmed. Although Monday 19th seems to be the definite favourite

Don't think it's a new thing. Remember hearing songs about Bobby sands at Arsenal away amongst others years ago, and the worst I've come across is probably people aged 50ish, including one when we played Celtic away who started slating me and calling me IRA cos I said I wasn't that fussed about England games and I didn't like Rangers. Found it quite funny at the time tbh winding him up but there's a lot of anti Irish amongst the support. Remember getting shouted down on here once years ago over it. I'll shut up now though as I'm sure it will be seen as de-railing the thread or whatever.

Back to the fixtures I hope Wolves away can go ahead, does anyone know when we hear?

Not sure if it's an official message but I read that football authorities have requested that no more games be postponed because of the possible chaos.

Don't think it's a new thing. Remember hearing songs about Bobby sands at Arsenal away amongst others years ago, and the worst I've come across is probably people aged 50ish, including one when we played Celtic away who started slating me and calling me IRA cos I said I wasn't that fussed about England games and I didn't like Rangers. Found it quite funny at the time tbh winding him up but there's a lot of anti Irish amongst the support. Remember getting shouted down on here once years ago over it. I'll shut up now though as I'm sure it will be seen as de-railing the thread or whatever.

Back to the fixtures I hope Wolves away can go ahead, does anyone know when we hear?
Yep must be a lot of johnny come latelys..Manchester is blessed with a third of its population with Irish roots..johnny Marr and Duffy

Agreed must be 'johnny come latelys' i thought anyway. Manchester is blessed with a third of population with Irish roots. Johnny Marr and Billy Duffy to name but two...

After reading through this thread, I am shocked at how many supporters refuse to sing the national anthem.

A national anthem should relate to the nation, not to one privileged individual. This has always been my beef with it. I'm proud to be British but the anthem does nothing to inspire me.

A national anthem should relate to the nation, not to one privileged individual. This has always been my beef with it. I'm proud to be British but the anthem does nothing to inspire me.
I don't believe in God, I don't believe we should have a king, and I certainly don't believe one grants the power to reign over me, so I certainly won't be singing a song that proclaims it.

I don't believe in God, I don't believe we should have a king, and I certainly don't believe one grants the power to reign over me, so I certainly won't be singing a song that proclaims it.
Therein lies our differences! As I say I'm surprised how many have this opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.