Fixtures Calendar - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what democracy is about..im glad im allowed to be a republican...but i wouldn't boo the passing of anybody. Racing prob has a fair few who sharre my repubkican sentiments but wouldn't disrespect the dead..foofball..just a greater risk for some reason
I wouldn't have come out for all the pre-match nonsense, haven't sung the national anthem in a decade, but I certainly wouldn't have caused a problem either.

From the Mail talking about the nonsensical decision to postpone games. Doesn’t mention any specific clubs but I think we all know who they may be alluding to.

Concern that tributes to the Queen may not have been universally respected — and the potential for global embarrassment in the event of any dissent from fans — was a factor in the decision to call off all football in the United Kingdom this weekend.

A number of Shamrock Rovers supporters caused outrage by singing offensive songs during their Europa Conference League game against Swedish club Djurgardens on Thursday evening.

And while their actions are likely to have stemmed from Irish Republican sentiment, the fact that some English clubs also have politicised elements of their fan base was mentioned in the discussions over football’s shutdown

Several Premier League clubs appear to have implicitly recognised this danger themselves, as they opted to disable the reply function on Twitter after posting messages of condolence to the Royal Family on Thursday evening.

This was presumably an attempt to avoid inciting a backlash from anti-monarchists on a forum that is not renowned for reasoned debate.
They are at home on Tuesday. Surely they will have to do a minute silence then.

I wouldn't have come out for all the pre-match nonsense, haven't sung the national anthem in a decade, but I certainly wouldn't have caused a problem either.
Can't imagine any would. I never sing the national anthem (although have never thought to boo it) but have always seemed to be in minority at Wembley games, with most singing it loud and some scowling or shouting at those who don't join in, so have never thought of football crowd as anti monarchy.

Obviously there's one or two team's fans who might have booed it generally, but genuinely don't think they would have done on this occasion, or not enough to be heard anyway. So if that's the reason they cancelled they're daft. If anything, you'd think any booing less likely now, than in another week when the dust has settled a little

Can't imagine any would. I never sing the national anthem (although have never thought to boo it) but have always seemed to be in minority at Wembley games, with most singing it loud and some scowling or shouting at those who don't join in, so have never thought of football crowd as anti monarchy.

Obviously there's one or two team's fans who might have booed it generally, but genuinely don't think they would have done on this occasion, or not enough to be heard anyway. So if that's the reason they cancelled they're daft. If anything, you'd think any booing less likely now, than in another week when the dust has settled a little
Last week on the train to villa from London i was talking to my brother on the phone who was watching the old firm and being complimentary about Celtics application..football only i hasten to add. Some southern 'blues' youngsters..near me then started talking loudly saying ok rangers have list butvat least Bobby Sands was dead...racist dicks. I have never before disliked felliw blues but on that occasion...made myvskin crawl...are we getting more of these ultra right wing dicks in our midst?

Think I last sang it for something at school, many years ago, it would never occur to me to boo it. Booing any anthem seems rude, On the whole I think the Wembley crowds, for England games, always come across as a bit unpleasant. Saw a few England games there in the late 90's, it wasn't an enjoyable experience.

What happens to tickets bought on the exchange, are they refunded?

Presumably there are sellers that can now attend the rearranged fixture whenever it may be.
I sold 2 tickets on the exchange. I highly doubt , I will be given the chance to take them back if the new buyer wants to sell them.

The club are making a profit of nearly £30 per ticket, so I would expect them to sell them again rather than let me have them back FOC.

Next weekends game had better not be called off, looking 50/50 at the minute though
Think it almost certainly will be.I expect the redeployment of police in London will almost certailny cause London games to be off.Just from what I've seen in Edinburgh for the 4 days shes there.

Not sure why, because I can see why games were called off but it’s proper put a downer on my weekend no going today.

It’s even more frustrating when you see other sports going ahead as normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.