Fixtures Calendar - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're already booked ... don't know what you are looking at?

Dec 31st and Jan 1st is weekend games, Mon/Tue/Wed is New Years fixture when we have Chelsea (A) ... weekend of 7th is FA Cup R3 ... mid week 10/11 is League Cup QF ... next weekend of 14/15 is United (A)

View attachment 55431View attachment 55430
We don’t know who we are playing in the FA Cup nor on what day.

We don’t know if we are in the League Cup semi final, but it could be moved to the Wednesday?

The 5th is 3 days after our previous match, the 8th 3 days after the 5th and the 11th 3 days after the 8th.

We don’t know who we are playing in the FA Cup nor on what day.

We don’t know if we are in the League Cup semi final, but it could be moved to the Wednesday?

The 5th is 3 days after our previous match, the 8th 3 days after the 5th and the 11th 3 days after the 8th.

It's not just us mate ... and not just Spurs ... it's the whole bloody league, 20 teams, 10 games to fit in ... and 5 games (for TV) would need their own 5 slots not overlapping with other (televised) games ... and for us, why would we want to slot a Spurs game between Chelsea (A) and United (A) right after the teams have come back from the World Cup anyway?

The only way I see it is either the FA Cup replays for R3 or R4 have to go ... or League Cup switches to single leg semi-final and frees up one of those mid-weeks.

Have a look the whole season ... all 20 PL teams would be in the FA Cup R3 ... and whether we are or aren't in league cup QF doesn't matter, two teams would be there (and that's two games Sky has rights to, and they won't overlap with other PL games).

CFC v3.4.jpg

It's not just us mate ... and not just Spurs ... it's the whole bloody league, 20 teams, 10 games to fit in ... and 5 games (for TV) would need their own 5 slots not overlapping with other (televised) games ... and for us, why would we want to slot a Spurs game between Chelsea (A) and United (A) right after the teams have come back from the World Cup anyway?

The only way I see it is either the FA Cup replays for R3 or R4 have to go ... or League Cup switches to single leg semi-final and frees up one of those mid-weeks.

Have a look the whole season ... all 20 PL teams would be in the FA Cup R3 ... and whether we are or aren't in league cup QF doesn't matter, two teams would be there (and that's two games Sky has rights to, and they won't overlap with other PL games).

View attachment 55432
I do get that and it would be tight, but only 4 teams will be fully affected as it’s the LC semis.

Other teams could play league games that mid week?

I do get that and it would be tight, but only 4 teams will be fully affected as it’s the LC semis.

Other teams could play league games that mid week?

It's 8 teams if all PL teams make it ... as it's league cup QFs not semis!

It just ain't happening for TV reasons. TV has 5 games to show from the weekend of PL games plus two of the QFs ... whether teams are or aren't in QF the TV won't be televising two games at the same time, even if it's both with Sky ... plus League Cup quarter finalists will only be known by 21st December ... you think league and tv and teams will wait till then and then announce a whole load of fixtures 10-15 days later? Not happening that, I have dissected this 10 ways for you, if you still think that's even a possibility then you have not been paying attention to PL and TV companies in last decade or so.

It's 8 teams if all PL teams make it ... as it's league cup QFs not semis!

It just ain't happening for TV reasons. TV has 5 games to show from the weekend of PL games plus two of the QFs ... whether teams are or aren't in QF the TV won't be televising two games at the same time, even if it's both with Sky ... plus League Cup quarter finalists will only be known by 21st December ... you think league and tv and teams will wait till then and then announce a whole load of fixtures 10-15 days later? Not happening that, I have dissected this 10 ways for you, if you still think that's even a possibility then you have not been paying attention to PL and TV companies in last decade or so.
Fair enough. Didn’t the scousers have to play 2 games in a day last season?

I think there’ll be some really tight scheduling needed.

Fair enough. Didn’t the scousers have to play 2 games in a day last season?

I think there’ll be some really tight scheduling needed.
Our style of play probably suits a super busy season over other English teams, but it's so hard to manage once you get to the QFs in the CL. Maybe we should just play the kids in that Chelsea league cup game to give us the best chance.

Looking on the bright side at least the M56 should be open for our next home game. Fucking traffic nightmare around Hale and Altrincham today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.