Fixtures Calendar - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAG

CFC v7.0.jpg

Change Log

2023.06.11 - Final version with all results!
2023.05.18 - Champions League Final opponents confirmed
023.04.23 - FA Cup Final opponents confirmed
2023.04.20 - Premier League TV picks confirmed for MW37
023.04.19 - Champions League SF date/time confirmed
023.04.06 - Premier League TV picks confirmed for MW36
2023.03.29 - FA Cup SF fixture date/time confirmed
2023.03.17 - Champions League QF/SF draw + fixtures added

2023.03.03 - FA Cup QF fixture date/time confirmed
2023.03.01 - FA Cup QF fixture added
2022.02.21 - Premier League TV picks confirmed for Apr
023.02.03 - FA Cup R5 fixture date/time confirmed
023.01.31 - FA Cup R5 fixture added
2023.01.25 - Premier League TV picks confirmed for Mar
2023.01.13 - FA Cup R4 fixture date/time confirmed
2023.01.09 - FA Cup R4 fixture added
2022.12.23 - Carabao Cup QF draw + fixture adde
d
2022.12.05 - Premier League TV picks confirmed for Feb
2022.12.02 - FA Cup R3 fixture date/time confirmed
2022.11.28 - FA Cup R3 fixture added
2022.11.28 - Postponed fixtures added in Jan and Feb
2022.11.16 - Premier League TV picks confirmed for Jan
2022.11.12 - Carabao Cup R4 fixture date/time confirmed
2022.11.11 - Carabao Cup R4 draw + fixture added
2022.11.07 - Champions League R16 draw + fixtures added
2022.10.24 - Premier League TV picks confirmed for Dec
2022.09.17 - Carabao Cup R3 fixture date/time confirmed
2022.09.14 - Arsenal (A) postponed + PL TV picks for Nov
2022.09.09 - Spurs (H) postponed
2022.08.28 - Champions League group stage fixtures added
2022.08.24 - Carabao Cup R3 fixture added
2022.08.23 - Carabao Cup R3 draw date updated
2022.07.31 - Calendar format tweaked - Result bars added
2022.07.29 - Premier League TV picks confirmed for Oct
2022.07.05 - Premier League TV picks confirmed for Aug + Sep
2022.06.16 - Barca friendly + Amazon Prime TV matchweeks added
2022.06.16 - Premier League TV pick dates added
2022.06.16 - Premier League fixtures added after announcement
2022.06.15 - Final International Break added at end of season
2022.06.08 - FA Cup round and draw dates added
2022.06.03 - Pre-season friendlies' US dates and UK times clarified
2022.06.01 - Community Shield date and time confirmed

2022.05.30 - Carabao Cup round and draw dates added
2022.05.29 - New calendar created with draft dates

The Premier League 2022/23 Fixtures will be announced on Thursday 16th June at 9AM UK Time.

As we did last season, let's keep this one single thread for all fixture changes etc. whether it's the monthly update for TV picks or any other postponement etc.

All fixtures are colour coded as per the competition (with legend at the bottom) so easy to spot which game is in which competition and any postponed games NOT shown within the calendar itself would be listed at the bottom. For any competition that we get out of early (which I hope is none), I will remove the future slots of that particular competition; while for the ones that we could reach the later stages of would remain in there to see possible future fixtures etc.

This first post (in the thread) will always have the most up-to-date calendar so the thread title won't announce a page no. on which any changes are, as they'd always be here. The title may change to say when the next set of TV Fixtures will be coming out or have been announced etc. and to reflect that there ARE changes etc. to look for but the changes themselves will only be in this first post here.

Five shiny things to get this season, and it all starts with the Community Shield ... C'mon City!

Highlights:

What jumps out is obviously that World Cup and the World Cup break around it ...

I for one am happy to see ONLY two other international breaks (one in Sept and one in March) as opposed to four that come in a season (which were actually five, in last season) ... I know the World Cup games are internationals as well but I guess we all can get excited about those as opposed to the qualifiers or friendlies that come in usual international breaks.

For us the Carabao Cup won't start like it normally does in August and it'll only come around in November, which is after our Champions League group stage would be over as well, so I guess kids and fringe players rotated in would have to wait a bit before they get their chances. Then there is that Round 4 of that slotted in the World Cup break so comes only a couple of days after the World Cup Final ... I guess it'll only affect those players who reach SF/Final of the World Cup as others would have had a decent break by then already.

The first Premier League game is on the 6th August (one game could be 5th too) ... which means the Community Shield falls in July itself ... and then final game is end of May on 28th May, which pushes FA Cup and Champions League finals into June next year ... thus I have had to squeeze two extra months (July 22, and June 23) in the calendar for this upcoming season.

How that mid-season World Cup affects all teams is to keep an eye on. Will players take the first half of the season lightly and not be as intense as usual (trying not to get injured just before that etc.)? And/or will they be too tired by the time end-of-season comes around with all the big games in Champions League and other competitions etc. ... I guess only time will tell ...​

Thanks in advance to @MAG for this excellent (and invaluable) thread and all the work that goes into it. Sorry to spot a possible error straight away - is the Carabao Cup final being played at 7:45pm on a Sunday evening?!
I see that the Champions League group stages are more compressed than usual due to the World Cup, starting a week or so earlier and finishing a full month ahead of what would be the case in a 'normal' season. And the knockout rounds are all a week later than they would usually be.

Thanks in advance to @MAG for this excellent (and invaluable) thread and all the work that goes into it. Sorry to spot a possible error straight away - is the Carabao Cup final being played at 7:45pm on a Sunday evening?!
I see that the Champions League group stages are more compressed than usual due to the World Cup, starting a week or so earlier and finishing a full month ahead of what would be the case in a 'normal' season. And the knockout rounds are all a week later than they would usually be.
Ha, don’t worry, these small typos and errors will get fixed soon enough … happens when you copy paste stuff ;)

Yes, I was surprised to see we’d be done with CL group stage before even starting in the Carabao Cup this season … I think this calendar will be more useful than normal seasons for many on here.

Ha, don’t worry, these small typos and errors will get fixed soon enough … happens when you copy paste stuff ;)

Yes, I was surprised to see we’d be done with CL group stage before even starting in the Carabao Cup this season … I think this calendar will be more useful than normal seasons for many on here.

Already booked my flight over for week 5 & 6 of CL. Love the thrill of not knowing where the games will be and what PL games will fall in-between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.