Fixtures (merged)

Re: Where did this theory come from ?

oakiecokie said:
We had some posts over the past few weeks, that at the start of each season the PL Winners always played at home.
Where did that idea come from ?
I`ve never read anything about it,but some people thought otherwise.
Have to ask as my previous thread has been pulled by a MOD,but I put it in a slightly different context. lol
Wrong side of the bed this morning !!!
I checked on PL site some months back and quoted all the relevant PL fixture rules. There has never been a rule that the PL Champions play their first match at home. People think there is because historically this is what happens.

Having done a quick appraisal, I can only come to one conclusion.

CHAMPIONS!

Allowing for the usual peaks and troughs, there is no horror run of games and I so badly want to smash the cnuts from Swansea.

Even got the national anthem banned at play-offs.

One of my early games in early 1980s was I think us beating them 4-0 at Maine Road?

I'll take 6-0 on the opening day, sun shining...prob get moved for TV, though!

The Pope said:
Yep no complaints really, only tough run of fixtures is..

Sat Nov 26
Liverpool A
Sat Dec 3
Norwich City H
Sat Dec 10
Chelsea A
Sat Dec 17
Arsenal H

(except Norwich)

A tough run of games and I'll be over there to see them! Oh my so happy with the draw!

I think our fixtures are pretty good!

Lets win the premier league next season!

Let's just sign a few players like Sanchez and others and have a good pre-season.

And we can do it!

Both Liverpool away games are when I'd be at uni, happy with that. Quite like the fixtures this time round.

Re: Where did this theory come from ?

Plain Speaking said:
oakiecokie said:
We had some posts over the past few weeks, that at the start of each season the PL Winners always played at home.
Where did that idea come from ?
I`ve never read anything about it,but some people thought otherwise.
Have to ask as my previous thread has been pulled by a MOD,but I put it in a slightly different context. lol
Wrong side of the bed this morning !!!
I checked on PL site some months back and quoted all the relevant PL fixture rules. There has never been a rule that the PL Champions play their first match at home. People think there is because historically this is what happens.

Unless we have complained to the PL,or Mr "Fix It" Bernstein from the FA has intervened ?? lol

Official site, Apparently we're playing united at midnight for the community shield Aug 7th ;S should be interested. Anyone for a Horlicks?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/fixtures?showall=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/fixtures?showall=1</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.