Fixtures (merged)

April seems a bit congested, apparently we play on the Saturday and then on the Monday!!!

Sure this will be changed though...

These fixtures couldn't have worked out much better for me. I'm at the Leeds Festival Saturday 27th August, we're away to Spurs so I don't miss the game (and it could well be moved to the Sunday, cher-ching!). I'm also in New York for the weekend of 26th/27th November, and we're away again, this time to Liverpool (which again could well be on TV so chance of finding a pub to watch it). Cash back!

RAGS at home 3rd last game of the season.

Could it be a possible PL decider?

Nobody can complain about these fixtures.

Looks like our complaints have been heard.

The RAGS must be spitting feathers.

David at it again? ;-)

Re: Where did this theory come from ?

Plain Speaking said:
oakiecokie said:
We had some posts over the past few weeks, that at the start of each season the PL Winners always played at home.
Where did that idea come from ?
I`ve never read anything about it,but some people thought otherwise.
Have to ask as my previous thread has been pulled by a MOD,but I put it in a slightly different context. lol
Wrong side of the bed this morning !!!
I checked on PL site some months back and quoted all the relevant PL fixture rules. There has never been a rule that the PL Champions play their first match at home. People think there is because historically this is what happens.

I'm astounded by that because it's something that is often quoted by commentators etc. on the opening day of the season and is something that has appeared as a 'fact' in various articles over the years. I like to see myths exploded, but if this is the case (and I'm sure there are lots of media commentators, football stattos and the like who will say the tradition is that the Champs have the option of playing at home on the opening day) then those conspiracy theorists who said it's unfair that Utd tend to start at home actually do have a point.

lmjones1uk said:
April seems a bit congested, apparently we play on the Saturday and then on the Monday!!!

Sure this will be changed though...
In the olden days they used to play on Good Friday, Easter Saturday AND Easter Monday. I think 1977 was the last time City did that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.