Fixtures - Southampton at home first

Re: fixtures

just looking at twitter. west ham fans now saying they are away at sunderland not us. arsenal fan betting everyone that he is right and they are at home to sunderland. could be a busy day for the makems then.

LoveCity said:
rickmcfc said:
LoveCity said:
Some Hammers on Twitter reckon the fixtures have already been drawn and that they have us at the Etihad on the opening day.

Really? How could they possibly know?

That's what I was wondering, they reckon fixtures are done before the day they're announced so I suppose there could be fixture leaks. We'll know at 9am if they are wrong anyway.

The fixtures were given to the clubs and police 2 weeks ago. When I was on the Football Supporters' Federation committee, one of our committee members was on the Football Fixtures Panel.

He said they would be given to clubs 2 weeks in advance. Clubs / police then have so many days to ask for changes to be made. For eg, Nottingham Police would prefer both teams away during the Goose Fair.
Chester (when in the league) police would say the same when a race meeting was on.
Merseyside police want a 'quiet' game when Aintree is on and the London police wont have Liverpool and United down there on the same day (a lot easier to manage now games are played Sunday / Monday's too, of course).
Then United prefer to be at home the nearest game to Feb 6th and Liverpool the same with April 15th and if these haven't fallen as they wish, they can request a change.

When making these changes, the League has to check carefully as no one club is to be scheduled to play more than 2 league games away from home consecutively.

Interestingly, supporters would complain about long midweek journeys - yet the clubs actually wanted them!
If Carlisle are playing a London team on a Saturday at 3pm, they would have to travel Friday and stay in a hotel. Yet the same game for a midweek game, they would leave early in the morning and save on hotel fees!

I just hope we get some home games after the Champions League games.

1st and last games of the season being at home would be preferable too.

Other than that I'm not fussed.

It would be nice to play Sunderland early season whilst memories of there excellent piss taking of Manure is still fresh in all our memories. I think they deserve a round of applause.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.