Fixtures - Southampton at home first

Re: fixtures

urban genie said:
Talking about fixtures has anyone started looking into train/coach times to birmingham for the community shield, had a look today and it looks like ranging from £21-£35 depending on the time and also with ITV covering it looks like it will be a 17:15 kick off to not interfere with the final events of the Olympics.

Back on topic hope we get a team that finished in the bottom half of the table first game as all our players will have been away most of the week and a weaker opposition would be better

Not sure about that. Olympics continue on until the evening on that sunday so why
17.15? And aren't the Olympics on BBC anyway?

Tonster said:
urban genie said:
Talking about fixtures has anyone started looking into train/coach times to birmingham for the community shield, had a look today and it looks like ranging from £21-£35 depending on the time and also with ITV covering it looks like it will be a 17:15 kick off to not interfere with the final events of the Olympics.

Not sure about that. Olympics continue on until the evening on that sunday so why

last event starts at 3pm should be over after about an hour then there's nowt till the closing ceremony at 8pm, it's suggested itv will want to have the game not clashing as both are being classed as national event so won't overlap coverage nothing confirmed mind

urban genie said:
Tonster said:
urban genie said:

last event starts at 3pm should be over after about an hour then there's nowt till the closing ceremony at 8pm, it's suggested itv will want to have the game not clashing as both are being classed as national event so won't overlap coverage nothing confirmed mind
I've researched it, last event is scheduled to finish at 5pm which is the water polo. The fact that ITV are broadcasting it live (which they normally don't) suggests to me the match will KO at around 5:30. Everyone knows ITV hates lunchtime or 3pm matches as they get less ratings. So yeah, it is safe to assume that the match will be played during the uninterrupted 3 hour window from 5 till 8 when the last event finishes and the opening ceremony starts. It would be unthinkable for the match to clash with final day events.

Some Hammers on Twitter reckon the fixtures have already been drawn and that they have us at the Etihad on the opening day.

lancs blue said:
Marvin said:
One of the first things to look for is the number of away League games after Champions League games.

Last season we were away after every Champions League game, and Utd were at home. It's the accumulation of those little things that gave Utd the advantage. I am not sure how they did that last season, but fixtures are down to negotiation.

You'll have to explain to me how this made a difference, especially as our results in those 6 away games were 3 wins (including the 6-1!), 2 draws and just one defeat, at Chelsea and that after a home CL match, so no extra travelling to blame either.
Not being able rest players we may have done leading to fatigue? Far too simplistic to look at those results in isolation.

rickmcfc said:
LoveCity said:
Some Hammers on Twitter reckon the fixtures have already been drawn and that they have us at the Etihad on the opening day.

Really? How could they possibly know?

That's what I was wondering, they reckon fixtures are done before the day they're announced so I suppose there could be fixture leaks. We'll know at 9am if they are wrong anyway.

Someone on here got the 1st 3 fixtures spot on a day early last season so must be sorted then

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.