Fixtures - Southampton at home first

Matty said:
the goats backside said:
Matty said:
That run in looks to have been kind to us, West Brom, West Ham, Reading, Norwich and Swansea as 5 of our last 6 fixtures.

Typically though we've got both Liverpool and Chelsea at home during the African Cup of Nations so without Toure.

Think he might have option of not going

It depends how "hard line" the Ivory Coast FA want to be with him. The World Cup is less than 18 months off at that point, if they threaten their players with non-selection for that I'd imagine all will fall in line and show up for the ACON in February.

Not sure they can do that. Normally when you buy a player that partakes in the African Cup you know when that is, but with them changing the year i think it could be dowwn to the clubs, not sure anything been confirmed but this was the general consensus

Matty said:
the goats backside said:
Matty said:
That run in looks to have been kind to us, West Brom, West Ham, Reading, Norwich and Swansea as 5 of our last 6 fixtures.

Typically though we've got both Liverpool and Chelsea at home during the African Cup of Nations so without Toure.

It depends how "hard line" the Ivory Coast FA want to be with him. The World Cup is less than 18 months off at that point, if they threaten their players with non-selection for that I'd imagine all will fall in line and show up for the ACON in February.
might be wrong but thought it was every 2 years

Re: fixtures

chestervegasblue said:
laserblue said:
i'll be particularly be looking out for our fixtures on the following weekends.

22/9 - Arsenal H
6/10 - Sunderland H
27/10 - Swansea H
10/11 - Spurs H
24/11 - Chelsea - A
8/12 - Rags - H

these are league dates following the champions league group stage games. last season we got royally stuffed by playing away (including chelsea, liverpool and the rags) every league fixture following a champions league group game. conversely the rags played at home after every one of theirs. if something similar happens again there's definitely a fix. baconface moaned like fuck a few seasons ago about having to play two or three league games away after champions league games.

5 out of 6 at home, last one being the Rags. Fixed.

Some big games straight after the Champs League group games but at least most are at home.

Hope Toure Doesn't go ACON we could potentially have 2 Last 16 Champions League games in February

Pagie Jnr said:
Hope Toure Doesn't go ACON we could potentially have 2 Last 16 Champions League games in February
He has been thinking about retiring hasn't he?

bluewales said:
Matty said:
the goats backside said:

might be wrong but thought it was every 2 years

It is but they moving it so its not the same year as world cup

fixtures

I've just been on the Chelsea site to get fixtures for my mate at work, this is what it says, gives you a lovely warm feeling !

We face tricky trips to both Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur throughout September and October, as well as a home clash with Manchester United, while November sees us welcome the champions, Manchester City.

mancity dan said:
chestervegasblue said:
laserblue said:
i'll be particularly be looking out for our fixtures on the following weekends.

22/9 - Arsenal H
6/10 - Sunderland H
27/10 - Swansea H
10/11 - Spurs H
24/11 - Chelsea - A
8/12 - Rags - H

these are league dates following the champions league group stage games. last season we got royally stuffed by playing away (including chelsea, liverpool and the rags) every league fixture following a champions league group game. conversely the rags played at home after every one of theirs. if something similar happens again there's definitely a fix. baconface moaned like fuck a few seasons ago about having to play two or three league games away after champions league games.

5 out of 6 at home, last one being the Rags. Fixed.

Some big games straight after the Champs League group games but at least most are at home.
when will we know which Champions League group stage games are at home?

DanCity2890 said:
City Raider said:
they could have been a lot lot worse

Definitely.
Quite happy with our first few, and our run in.
United have a pretty tough end of the the season.

From when we play united on the 6th April:

Champions

April 6 Man Utd (A)
April 13 West Brom (H)
April 20 Tottenham (A)
April 27 West Ham (H)
May 4 Swansea (A)
May 12 Reading (A)
May 19 Norwich (H)

Scum

April 6 Man City (H)
April 13 Stoke (A)
April 20 Aston Villa (H)
April 27 Arsenal (A)
May 4 Chelsea (H)
May 12 Swansea (H)
May 19 West Brom (A)

Shame their not playing wigan and everton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.