flamini and gago????

smiles said:
Barry/De Jong/Ireland/Vieria with Kompany/Zabaleta/Johnson

Barry and Dejong are only genuine CM players, Ireland is an attacking midfield player, kompany is a CB who can play in midfield, zab is a fullback who can play in midfield, johnson is injured for the rest of the season.

What if we were to lose Dejong to injury, Barry is already injured apparently. In light of this I don't see any harm in bringing in players like Vieira, Flamini and Gago on frees or on loans.

I wouldnt even say that de Jongs a CM, as he cant go forward. But Id staill say that Ireland is almost as good playing as a box to box as he is when he plays as an AM.

tommytheblue said:
vieira is a box to box player, ireland isnt, not robust enough.

youll be lucky if viera makes it from one penalty area to the other once during the course of the game, he is absolutely nothing like the viera people remember from arsenal. he will stand in front of the back 4 all game and barely move.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1245154/Mathieu-Flamini-join-Manchester-City-AC-Milan-Roberto-Mancini-confirms-Real-Madrids-Gago.html?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490</a>

Dont know how they come to this conclusion. Based on reports in spain, Gago is set to join Boca or someone like that on loan. Interesting about Canales tho.

I just think;

De Jong is one of the first names on the team sheet, he's one of the best DM's around right now and were he to be injured any of; Zab/Kompany/Barry/Vieria can cover.

CM is currently occupied by Barry; i don't think he'd be too happy to sit on the bench whilst a 6 month loan player comes in. If he is injured and needs hernia surgery, Vieria or Ireland can come in and be very effective.

If we play a 3 man midfield (currently not our first choice) then we've had De Jong/Barry/Ireland with Zab/kompany/Vieria able to come in if needed. The lack of depth comes in the form of some to replace Ireland, a creative, attacking midfielder.

Flamini/Gago are similar to a Barry-esque type player not an Ireland-esque player. We've plenty of palyers able to play depper, physical midfield roles... I can't see Flamini/Gago coming to sit on the bench and i can't see either being so much better than the competition that they command a first team spot.

GStar said:
I just think;

De Jong is one of the first names on the team sheet, he's one of the best DM's around right now and were he to be injured any of; Zab/Kompany/Barry/Vieria can cover.

CM is currently occupied by Barry; i don't think he'd be too happy to sit on the bench whilst a 6 month loan player comes in. If he is injured and needs hernia surgery, Vieria or Ireland can come in and be very effective.

If we play a 3 man midfield (currently not our first choice) then we've had De Jong/Barry/Ireland with Zab/kompany/Vieria able to come in if needed. The lack of depth comes in the form of some to replace Ireland, a creative, attacking midfielder.

Flamini/Gago are similar to a Barry-esque type player not an Ireland-esque player. We've plenty of palyers able to play depper, physical midfield roles... I can't see Flamini/Gago coming to sit on the bench and i can't see either being so much better than the competition that they command a first team spot.

wesley snieder would of been perfect :( he went at a snip aswell.

GStar said:
I just think;

Currently, Zab plays RB and Kompany CD. And Vieiri is still injured. Like you said, Barry may need an operation soon. And the thing is we cant keep playing DeJong and Barry, they will get tired/loss of form/injured. And what if we want to play 3 in the middle? IMO, we need at least 1 more if not 2 CM/DM. The fact these might be loan deals make perfect sense too to bring them in, any reinfrocement till June is most welcomed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.