Flooding - again !

What do you mean they dont get paid?
Fire service is funded for what they do house fires, RTCs, community work etc, they have no statutory duty to attend floodings, therefore they are not funded for them, all these boats you see are bought and paid for by the fire service through there budgets, therefore they are using money that should be used elsewhere to fund it. This also means we are not paid for doing this, we do it for free as there is no one else capable of doing it, this is similar to what they want us to do in attend emergency medical response, we are not funded and don’t get paid for it, so we told them to poke it. Now if we did this with floodings I wonder what shit storm that would cause?

Fire service is funded for what they do house fires, RTCs, community work etc, they have no statutory duty to attend floodings, therefore they are not funded for them, all these boats you see are bought and paid for by the fire service through there budgets, therefore they are using money that should be used elsewhere to fund it. This also means we are not paid for doing this, we do it for free as there is no one else capable of doing it, this is similar to what they want us to do in attend emergency medical response, we are not funded and don’t get paid for it, so we told them to poke it. Now if we did this with floodings I wonder what shit storm that would cause?
Thanks. Understand now.
Keep up the great work (not meant to sound patronising)

and we are back !! - 2024 and flooding again. Still building in inappropriate places. inadequate drainage/sewage provision whilst under funding the people charged with flood defences then pirates and highwaymen running the rivers authority plus climate change denial - a toxic mix that unless addressed will never be solved.

As I type this building has started for yet another new development in the town where I live in a field that is really a swamp in winter - this week they have mostly been rained/flooded off. Of course the farmer who sold it to the developers has retained what he probably calls the "Top Field" because thats where he now has Llama's , geese and donkeys on his hobby farm.

It's the least they can do. I mean, let's face it - when it's pissing down and everywhere is flooded they won't have many fires so will be at a loose end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.