Florian Wirtz

Running a Wirtz Foden midfield would put some serious burden on Rodri. Foden has an incredible work rate don't get me wrong but I'm not sure running double 10s alongside Rodri is all that viable.

People don't want to hear it because Wirtz is such an incredible player but I think Paqueta would be the better signing for us if we want to win the league next season. He would absolutely cook in our team.
If Wirtz was out, Foden. If Foden's out, Wirtz. Rest & rotation between them without a drop off in quality.

If Wirtz was out, Foden. If Foden's out, Wirtz. Rest & rotation between them without a drop off in quality.

Or how about we just allow Foden to shine by playing him every week when fit, like all the best players in Europe do? To think either Foden or Wirtz would be content to rotate with each other is a bit mental. We don't need Wirtz at all, as good as he is.

Or how about we just allow Rodri to shine by playing him every week when fit, like all the best players in Europe do? To think either Rodri or another CDM would be content to rotate with each other is a bit mental. We don't need another CDM at all, even if he's good.
So we can contrast & compare. Does having Foden AND Wirtz now make sense?

Given he wants to stay at Leverkusen and maybe Germany in general going forward (Bayern) I think we focus on Phil centrally and find a player that works around that. Seems to be Paqueta

No, no it doesn't. You're trying to play Football Manager in real life.

Seeking a cover for Rodri is also an almost impossible job anyway, no one in the entire fucking world came close to Rodri in his position.

More often than not there will be dissapointment if the supossed cover didn't have even the half of Rodri capability.

No, no it doesn't. You're trying to play Football Manager in real life.
So adding Wirtz to our squad is playing Football Manager?

And you believe City should play Foden & Rodri in every match during a 60+ game per season then, not including their Internationals?

So what do City do in case of injuries, fatigue & suspensions, so we don't lapse into fantasy Football Manager mode?

Unless people want Foden to play the majority of his career on the wing from here on out, why should we sign Wirtz? He’s a sensational talent but we already have one in Foden. We should not be in the market for Wirtz as we need different profiles. It wouldn’t be the best use of our budget. It’s one of those where sadly, a rival (be it domestic or European) will get this player, but we can’t have everyone and remember, they’d all love to have Foden.

Given that Pep usually plays Foden out wide and usually starts players with similar qualities to Wirtz out wide especially when they first arrive in the Prem.I think the chances of Pep playing them both through the middle against better opposition if we sign Wirtz are minimal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.