Fluminense (N) - Fri 22nd Dec, 18:00 | CWC Final | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I've got the same level of enthusiasm for this as one of the pre season friendly tournaments, like the one in Japan this year or the Community Shield. Can't really get that excited about it.

Going on the beer for this, just gonna try and enjoy the game. Main thing is we get back and sustain winning ways... We're e behind in games played in the league, so get used to the slatting in match games, we got to weather the storm and get back on track with wins.

Our forward's eyesight doesn't seem to be much better. We have to improve our scoring rate. It's already costing us points.
I think I've seen more shots straight at the goalkeeper this season than at any other time in recent years. It's really odd.

for those that have any knowledge of Brazilian football and this fluminense team I have a question. If fluminense played in the premier league this season where would they finish? I think they would do well to stay up.

The CL is by far the highest standard of football in the World.

However, things can change. One day the continent of Asia might have the best teams.

Right now the CWC is of a low standard but that will quickly change (See 2025)

From a historical point of view it’s worth winning it because your name will be along side all the future teams that win it when it is a much higher standard.

The European Championship is, on average, a higher standard than The World Cup but everyone wants to win The World Cup more. This could easily be the case for club teams from 2025.

You might prefer seeing City play Blackpool and that’s OK, but our owners have to look to the future and football is increasingly a Global game.

Last edited:
for those that have any knowledge of Brazilian football and this fluminense team I have a question. If fluminense played in the premier league this season where would they finish? I think they would do well to stay up.
The closest English team in standard according to Opta World Club rankings is Luton Town. So you are about right.

Flumienense are ranked 101.

The closest English team in standard according to Opta World Club rankings is Luton Town. So you are about right.

If we approach the game with the right attitude (ie, respect your opponent, but don't fear them), I'd be reasonably hopeful of a win.

And Luton gave us a bit of a scare recently so take nothing for granted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.