FOCs wearing coats in hot weather

All the FOCs were complaining at my local leisure centre this lunchtime that the water in the pool was too cold.
The temperature was absolutely lovely given the heat outside and perfect for a bit of exercise
If they fancied some hot water why not stay at home and soak in a hot bath?

Please can some of the elderly on here clear this up for me, why do old folk always go out dressed like they're about to attempt a winter ascent of K2 when it's 80% humidity and 26 degrees outside?

Just been to get a coffee and literally every old biddy I've seen has been wrapped up in a massive coat, how they don't all pass out I'll never know!
Sic transit gloria iuventum.

All the FOCs were complaining at my local leisure centre this lunchtime that the water in the pool was too cold.
The temperature was absolutely lovely given the heat outside and perfect for a bit of exercise
If they fancied some hot water why not stay at home and soak in a hot bath?
Energy bills.

Seriously though, FOCs taking exercise is a great thing and they more sensitive to cold so if they all said the same it just shows the point

Not as bad seeing middle aged blokes in the winter wearing Bobbie hats and full on mountain equipment coats whilst wearing shorts and walking boots, just going out for bottle of milk and a loaf.

Please can some of the elderly on here clear this up for me, why do old folk always go out dressed like they're about to attempt a winter ascent of K2 when it's 80% humidity and 26 degrees outside?

Just been to get a coffee and literally every old biddy I've seen has been wrapped up in a massive coat, how they don't all pass out I'll never know!
26!!!! It's Arctic up north lol....over 30 in the sunny South ;)

My ex went to uni in Calgary -28 in winter, yet always had a Cardigan on in the evening in the Caribbean as "it's a bit chilly" ....whilst everyone else was soaked in sweat!

a bit off-topic,
but on the subject of coats...

when it is absolutely properly pissing down,
there are loads of people walking around town wearing coats with hoods,
but they don't pull the hood up over their head.

their heads are getting piss wet through,
the rain is seeping down inside the coat through the neck
and their hood is like a reservoir.

totally baffles me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.