FOCs wearing coats in hot weather

a bit off-topic,
but on the subject of coats...

when it is absolutely properly pissing down,
there are loads of people walking around town wearing coats with hoods,
but they don't pull the hood up over their head.

their heads are getting piss wet through,
the rain is seeping down inside the coat through the neck
and their hood is like a reservoir.

totally baffles me.

I do that.

It’s a combination of initially thinking it’s just a brief, light shower not worthy of the hood going up and then stubbornness when you realise it isn’t.

Please can some of the elderly on here clear this up for me, why do old folk always go out dressed like they're about to attempt a winter ascent of K2 when it's 80% humidity and 26 degrees outside?

Just been to get a coffee and literally every old biddy I've seen has been wrapped up in a massive coat, how they don't all pass out I'll never know!
You call 26C warm? It’s freezing to us older types. I prefer Madrid at noon in August. 38C is just nicely warm. I wear the light mack then.

Last edited:
Flippin warm at night, I’m “only” 58, don’t wear a coat to bed, but still wear thermal trousers, t shirt & wrap myself in a duvet!

Eccles doesn't start fights with away fans. But opposing coaches would be in trouble if the stewards didn't keep their eyes on her.
Ohhh and it’s driving me mad the wait until Kieran McKenna of Ipswich gets his telling off. ;-)
Poor lad, first home match I might be very vocal if he moves out of that technical area. :-)

That’s my unique way of keeping warm…..poor opposition. Poor Stewards not sure what to make of me when they are new. ;-)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.