Focus Group - Etihad Stadium

Actually it's growing on me from that picture - with the safe standing too it could work.

All of this has to come with affordable pricing, also get free tickets into the community and make exchanging tickets much easier for current fans ( a window at the ticket office for exchange tickets so it can be done without these rip off difficult to use websites, more so for season ticket holders).

They would lose an entire end of exec boxes

Like it or not... thats where the money is and a prime concern for all clubs

As a match going fan, I genuinely can’t see why we are increasing the capacity. With the exception of the derby game, the stadium hasn’t been full once this season so why bother? How will empty gaps help the atmosphere?

As a match going fan, I genuinely can’t see why we are increasing the capacity. With the exception of the derby game, the stadium hasn’t been full once this season so why bother? How will empty gaps help the atmosphere?

Every single home League game sells out. Empty seats are season ticket holders not turning up.

Every weekend FA Cup game sells out.

CL big games sell out.

Last edited:
Aside to the x2 to x3 tier construction, are there any major benefits or difficulties

to the North stand build versus South stand as a result of original commonwealth

games build set up and conversion?

Had my tea now ! ISG came across as very professional. The new North Stand will definitely be two tiers (due to some complex engineering reasons that I wouldn't understand) and look very close to the pic. As I said nearly every point discussed last night came back to affordability in the main for the "average" fan and not the corporate "fan" or dare I say the tourist. No one present last night wanted to simply see more empty seats in a bigger stand for mid week games against non of the so called big teams. Increased capacity of about 8,000 was mentioned.
9620ad3f704030380009409e655820b2.jpg
Filling those seats is key. Therefore ticket pricing and ease of getting hold of tickets is key. Trust me ISG listened and understood. There was a really good group of us. None of us knew each other but we are all City through and through and on nearly every discussion point we were all on the same page. The club are looking for our thoughts and input and I'm confident they are listening.

The capacity of an expanded 2nd tier wo

Every single home League game sells out. Empty seats are season ticket holders not turning up.

Every weekend FA Cup game sells out.

CL big games sell out.

Well I’m sure the club know what they are doing mate. But I’m not convinced every game is a sell out as I suspect lots of tickets get given away. We have a hardcore support of about 45k and another 5-10k that pick and choose. But we will soon find out if the demand is there. The club certainly must think it is.

Push it from inception as the “New Kippax”.
Give 1894 a block right where the noise collects- bottom of tier 2?
Offer existing South stand and east stand lower half price and first pick to relocate.
Make the tickets cheap as hell
Leave space for banners.

Actually push the thing as an atmosphere end. Do all the corporate stuff at the other end.

Push it from inception as the “New Kippax”.
Give 1894 a block right where the noise collects- bottom of tier 2?
Offer existing South stand and east stand lower half price and first pick to relocate.
Make the tickets cheap as hell
Leave space for banners.

Actually push the thing as an atmosphere end. Do all the corporate stuff at the other end.

Safe standing in tier 1 is an absolute must if we get a law change.

When I was old enough to go to the match on my own, the only place I wanted to go was ‘the Kippax’. That had an identity, that’s where the atmosphere came from and if I couldn’t get in there I would try and get as close to it as I could.

The new stand should 100% be call ‘The Kippax’

It should be the place that people gravitate towards when looking for atmosphere. Like DD has just said, let the 1894 group be right at the front of the 2nd tier. Have all the banners in full glory and let the songs grow from there around the ground. The 1894 group do an amazing job but i feel that its get hidden behind the goal.

People might say it’s blasphemy but I think it should be called The Kippax

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.