Food and drink

The wife paid £16 for 2 x 330ml cans of cider because none of the pumps were working at the bar we went prior to the Smashing Pumpkins at the Coop. A pint is 565ml. I’ll let someone else do the mathematics to work out what the price of a pint was. I sipped it and didn’t spill a drop. Not sure I’ll be attending many more gigs there.
Go to the gigs. Just don’t spend one single penny in there.

Bearing in mind that I'm just being nosy as I don't drink.... what exactly is Asahi? Is it a beer, if so why not mild, bitter or shandy. Is it wine? If so why not white/red/rose? Is it cider? If so why not traditional apple or one of the other fruit ciders I keep hearing about?

Just curious....

I'm now leaving for a while to virtually attend my brother's funeral. See you all later. :-)

Bearing in mind that I'm just being nosy as I don't drink.... what exactly is Asahi? Is it a beer, if so why not mild, bitter or shandy. Is it wine? If so why not white/red/rose? Is it cider? If so why not traditional apple or one of the other fruit ciders I keep hearing about?

Just curious....

I'm now leaving for a while to virtually attend my brother's funeral. See you all later. :-)
Japanese lager. It’s quite crisp for a lager, so better than most. I guess there aren’t other options as they wouldn't sell enough to make it viable or there’s more profit in lager.

I’d love Neck Oil to be on tap, but it’s better for the bank balance that it isn’t!

You can get wine too.

There is Dark Fruits cider on tap, but no traditional.

Hope your brother’s funeral goes well and gives you some solace, EB.

The wife paid £16 for 2 x 330ml cans of cider because none of the pumps were working at the bar we went prior to the Smashing Pumpkins at the Coop. A pint is 565ml. I’ll let someone else do the mathematics to work out what the price of a pint was. I sipped it and didn’t spill a drop. Not sure I’ll be attending many more gigs there.
One of those small cans of gin and tonic, or other pre mixed cans, are close to a tenner there. Absolute ludicrous prices!
I'm never going again

They have a £9 pint to compare it with now at the Co-op live. They will have been assessing that demand for that closely I would imagine. I reckon £6.50 for a pint of Asahi which will be about £5.85 with discount.
And how long till they take the discount away or only offer it too the people with platinum?

Japanese lager. It’s quite crisp for a lager, so better than most. I guess there aren’t other options as they wouldn't sell enough to make it viable or there’s more profit in lager.

I’d love Neck Oil to be on tap, but it’s better for the bank balance that it isn’t!

You can get wine too.

Neck Oil is a different brewery (Heineken) so not happening and I don't think it would fare well in a football ground (it's alright at Spurs as the stadium has an on-site brewery).

Fortunately Asahi is an excellent beer and first season in particular you could see they had gone to great lengths to improve the pipes and storage of it. In my opinion the same attention wasn't given to it last year so hopefully there's an improvement this year. £5 a pint is fair value compared to town and other venues/events.

Neck Oil is a different brewery (Heineken) so not happening and I don't think it would fare well in a football ground (it's alright at Spurs as the stadium has an on-site brewery).

Fortunately Asahi is an excellent beer and first season in particular you could see they had gone to great lengths to improve the pipes and storage of it. In my opinion the same attention wasn't given to it last year so hopefully there's an improvement this year. £5 a pint is fair value compared to town and other venues/events.
Asahi is far better than Amstel, so I’m not really complaining. As you say, everything is expensive these days and the beer isn’t that expensive. The food is crazy though. £5 for a pie is nuts.

You can get wine too.

The only time I've seen people drink wine at the match are when they ran out of beer in the old south stand bar, cue pissed lads trying to chug down mini bottles of cheap merlot without throwing up all over the floor.

I'd rather have a cup of tea than drink shite wine personally.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.