Food and drink

The only time I've seen people drink wine at the match are when they ran out of beer in the old south stand bar, cue pissed lads trying to chug down mini bottled of cheap merlot without throwing up all over the floor.

I'd rather have a cup of tea than drink shite wine personally.
Not sure the South Stand is ready for sommeliers just yet.

I will have a couple of pints in a pub near the tram stop at Ashton upon Lyne moss rd tram stop

If I needed to eat before the match then it’d be chips, McShit or Asda to avoid City prices.

Happy enough with £5 for a pint as that’s cheaper than many bars these days.

Can't beat a Bovril on a winter game. I've got a jar of it in the cupboard at home.

If Bovil is good enough for Grealish it's good enough for me.
Yep, nectar of the norther gods. Hopefully they’ve stacked up loads of it in the North Stand concourses. Fans sitting in that stand are going to be frozen this winter!

Neck Oil is a different brewery (Heineken) so not happening and I don't think it would fare well in a football ground (it's alright at Spurs as the stadium has an on-site brewery).

Fortunately Asahi is an excellent beer and first season in particular you could see they had gone to great lengths to improve the pipes and storage of it. In my opinion the same attention wasn't given to it last year so hopefully there's an improvement this year. £5 a pint is fair value compared to town and other venues/events.
You know Blue Mooners are brilliant. You answer questions for me before I even know what the question might be!!
I came back read the 'Neck Oil' bit in @Alan Harper's Tash posting and was going to ask what it was and continued reading down and wham, bam, thank you kind sir you've answered the question. :-)

You know Blue Mooners are brilliant. You answer questions for me before I even know what the question might be!!
I came back read the 'Neck Oil' bit in @Alan Harper's Tash posting and was going to ask what it was and continued reading down and wham, bam, thank you kind sir you've answered the question. :-)
It’s a popular ale that doesn’t need special keeping and is dispensed without having to pull the pint.

Most “electronic” ales are a bit meh.

A nice porter would be nice in winter though. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.