Food From Your Youth

I remember pobs, my dad made it for me and my sister a couple of times. Looking back to him having it as a kid it was probably a cheap way to fill them up. Banana butties we used to have too.
I remember ‘Pobs’ too, I always thought it was some fancy word my Mam made up to make it sound appealing to us when there was little left to eat and we were hungry, so obviously was the ‘go to’ for many parents at the time just to fill their kid’s stomachs.

Did anyone ever claim to like Spam Fritters ? They were absolutely awful. I can only imagine what present day kids would make of them.
Absolutely loved them, I still have them once in a blue moon, oddly my girlfriends dad (who lives in Turkey) insisted on us bringing two things with us, Oxo cubes and Spam to make fritters.
Or was it semolina and pineapple.
Loved that too, still do.
I used to love these on toasted buttered warbies.
View attachment 61102
These were my go to meal after a night on the piss, recyclable too, often you could throw it all up and it looked no different, so just made some more toast and spread it back on, excellent.

When I was a young un, I mostly liked roast butternut squash risotto with gorgonzola cheese and grated white truffle.

Bloody hell them were the days...that and angel delight sandwich.

Not seen a mention of Lancashire hotpot. Neck end (mutton), carrots, onions, barley. Layer potatoes on top so some are soft and the top layer is crispy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.