Food From Your Youth

My dad used to work at Kelloggs at that time. He brought shit loads of that home. The grapefruit and pineapple ones were particularly nasty, that made you pull some contorted faces.

View attachment 61103
But the blackcurrant ones were very nice. I remember eating a few Findus Crispy pancakes minced beef. Sometimes still half frozen and burnt on the outside. My mum was a hopeless cook. Bird’s eye frozen Victoria sponge or Artic roll. Boil in the bag cod steak and parsley sauce. Birds eye quarter pounder beef burgers. Sometimes we were given 50p to get a burger from the prairie Dog in altrincham or a coffee ring from Ann’s cake shop. Child abuse diet for a kid but I never complained. If we went camping there was always a yellow tin of Plumrose hot dogs.

Last edited:
Not exactly a food but who remembers Kellogs Rise and Shine? This was a powder you mixed with a pint of water, full of vitamin C and orange flavoured. It helped me through many a hangover back in the day. Just take a pint to bed with you and drink it everytime you woke up with a mouth like the bottom of a birdcage. You had to remember to take a spoon with you to stir it though otherwise the powder sunk to the bottom.

Not exactly a food but who remembers Kellogs Rise and Shine? This was a powder you mixed with a pint of water, full of vitamin C and orange flavoured. It helped me through many a hangover back in the day. Just take a pint to bed with you and drink it everytime you woke up with a mouth like the bottom of a birdcage. You had to remember to take a spoon with you to stir it though otherwise the powder sunk to the bottom.
This was my post from July 2019 -

Remember this nasty acidic stuff?

Bloody hell loved them myself,usually two packs in the carton rice in one and the curry in the other just add water and into the pan always loved the paella one lovely,wonder if you can still get these ..
you can still vesta chow mein ,not sure about the beef curry or the paella.
definitely can't get my favorite vesta beef risotto

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.