Food prices...maybe we are being listened to?

mayo31 said:
fathellensbellend said:
are the club boasting, or taking the piss with the fact a 1/4 of a pizza and a coke is a fiver, can't quite work it out.

so for my family of four, a whole pizza and 4 bottles of cock will be 20 quid, and they wonder why i never buy anything.

4 bottles of cock, not for me, I'm out.

i think they saw him coming.

on derby day there was a women entering entrance p with chips pie and gravy, open on a tray and she got straight in.

i might try it on saturday and see what happens

ashytheblue said:
on derby day there was a women entering entrance p with chips pie and gravy, open on a tray and she got straight in.

I think it depends on how the stewards are feeling. I got made to eat my chip barm outside the turnstile as I wasn't allowed in. Could be because I'm a South Stand mad man though.

A lady in the East Stand was allowed in with chips and beans the other week.

I know as a player or away supporter I'd rather a stale barm with some potato delights hit my noggin than a pile of piping hot beans.

de niro said:
mayo31 said:
fathellensbellend said:
are the club boasting, or taking the piss with the fact a 1/4 of a pizza and a coke is a fiver, can't quite work it out.

so for my family of four, a whole pizza and 4 bottles of cock will be 20 quid, and they wonder why i never buy anything.

4 bottles of cock, not for me, I'm out.

i think they saw him coming.

Well at least the Canal Street Blues have an extra member!

ashytheblue said:

I go in entrance P and have got in with chippy a few times and someone near me regularly brings McDonalds in with him - you will be fine.

stopped buying food at the game last yr.
A..its shite
B..its a rip off

If you think the club are listening at those prices then I have to disagree.

lafitz2008 said:
Sure I paid 3 quid for a cup of chips a couple of weeks ago

Yep, up from around £2.70 or so last season. The sly little price rises. I used to buy a cheese pastie every home game (before replaced by Jamie Oliver's cheese & more expensive pie), now I buy nothing so they have lost at least 50 quid a season from me on food.

A cheeseburger, chips and coke is literally £10 in the vans outside the ground, not sure about inside as I don't bother other than bovril and lager. I'd thought the prices had gone up this year rather than down.

The food has drastically improved the last few years, this season in particular. The burgers outside are massive now and the "skin on" chips are class. Still not worth the money, but definitely an improvement on the wafer fin burgers they uses to serve.

Generally however i eat before or after the game as honestly I just can't afford to pay those prices. I definitely haven't noticed a price drop, in fact quite the opposite.

i know that most of you probably don't care, but at sporting events in the US, concessions are MUCH more expensive than my experiences at football games when i lived in the UK.

a pint at a baseball game will run you $11 for cheap domestic beer, $13 for anything else. a burger and fries will be close to $15

not saying it's right, but 3.80 for a pint seems pretty reasonable to me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.