Food prices...maybe we are being listened to?

cleav said:
i know that most of you probably don't care, but at sporting events in the US, concessions are MUCH more expensive than my experiences at football games when i lived in the UK.

a pint at a baseball game will run you $11 for cheap domestic beer, $13 for anything else. a burger and fries will be close to $15

not saying it's right, but 3.80 for a pint seems pretty reasonable to me

Not when you can get a pint for £2.20 at your local beforehand. 4 or 5 pints before the game, watch then game in a little haze and back on it later.

What I have noticed is how they pump out the smell of chips about ten minutes before half time, especially in the North Stand. All the youngsters are up then asking dad and mum for money.

Me being somewhat like others on here a tight bastard when it comes to value and paying what i think is right have taught my two not to ask for anything in the ground. Have before we arrive or bring something. The most i buy is a cup of tea/chocolate/bovril.

Dread to think of the type of beer you're drinkng and pub you are visiting if you're getting pints for £2.20

The beer isn't expensive at City, it's not even Manchester City Center prices.

It's rank, but that's a different story.

It's entirely up to the individual but I never buy any food or drink in the stadium and haven't done for years. I always fill up before I get to the game. Much cheaper and job done. The club must think they've got a captive audience when in fact they haven't.

Del_Bosque said:
Dread to think of the type of beer you're drinkng and pub you are visiting if you're getting pints for £2.20

The beer isn't expensive at City, it's not even Manchester City Center prices.

It's rank, but that's a different story.

Coors, strongbow, carling, John smiths. The landlord knows we all come to his pub and does a good price.

BlueSkyBlue said:
Obligatory - apology if this should be elsewhere...

Are we finally being listened to?

Ok, 1/4 of a pizza + a bottle of drink is still £5, but at least it's a step in the right direction - and the hot dogs have been increased in size from "chipolata" to "slightly bigger than chipolata" size.

With the trial of "beer tokens" giving you 4 pints for £15 instead of £16.....(Fosters or Strongbow only)

...small concessions I am sure you will agree, but at least we appear to finally be being listened to regarding concourse prices

I notice the official website still makes no recommendations on the roll/barm/muffin debate though!

4 pints of piss for £15, what has the world come to

totally shite at every angle the food and drink, well i suppose serving mars bars they make a good job of !

Easiest thing to get right on the menu, cup of coffee... End result at the etihad is the bitterest hot dish water taste ever... If you cant even serve a drink of coffee right then go home !

£4 for a pint of John Smiths that looks like piss on concrete and tastes as bad is a massive rip off, and the difference between the quality of the drinks and the service in city square is something else, if ur goin to serve beer inside the ground at least make it drinkable and employ people who know how to do it

I see a lot of criticism....and most of it I agree with.

My original point was more about those who "will be buying some food/beer regardless of prices" - at least they can save money.

Personally I make sure I have food before I come to a game - I'm able to survive 2 hours without further food.

I also normally have two pints at the game - and I know the quality isn't great and it's expensive, so anything that saves me a quid is welcome.

People aren't forced to buy food (like merchandise) so anything that saves those who want to money is welcome by me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.