Food & Service Issues 2014/15 (merged)

Re: Buying a Beer (Another Shocking Service Thread)

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
I bought a coffee on CBL3 and in the past they just ripped off a foil cap and put the hot water in. Last night a sachet of coffee had to be put in the cup and then I was presented with two capsules of milk. How to drag out buying a coffee in two easy steps! Where's the bloody Kenco that worked for ten years!

It is also extremely weak, it is hot water with a hint of coffee. The sachet of coffee is far too small for the cup size. Do they not sample what they sell?
I won't be buying one again, Piss poor for £1.80.
I also asked for sugar and was told it was across the concourse, they only ever put a few out and were constantly running out game after game last season. They have over complicated a simple product. I will try the hot choc next game and if that's shite it's a flask in future for me.

Re: New Season - New Food (merged)

I don't really like mass catering food (the smell makes me feel a bit sick) so I don't eat it, I was charged a fortune for a small bottle of water last season so I just sneak my own in now, on the few occasions I have had a coffee it's been weak and overpriced

Can the person who merged this please add "Same Cr*p Service" to the title.
otherwise the club monitoring mediah team will think we are praising them.

Never saw the point of drinking at the stadium. Terrible beer, massively overpriced, the necessity to piss...There's nothing at all that appeals about it.

That said, I did enjoy a beer or two while attending an NHL game last year, but it was at least a half-decent brew and there was ample opportunity to piss with all the stoppages.

My daughter asked me for a new cheese and potatoe pie. On about 44mins I headed up to the concourse, queued for a few minutes, then was told they'd sold out of cheese pies, but were "hoping" to have some ready later..in total the lad had 14 pies ready to sell, as the half time rush was about to happen!!

Matty said:
Not entirely sure where all these "new" products were as the bar I went to last night had the exact same food options as last season. Obviously some places have changed, as someone above mentioned having Garlic Dough Balls, but the bar nearest to block 109 hadn't changed one iota from last season, in terms of food options and speed (or lack thereof) of service.

Im in block 111 so it was the food stand outside 110 i got them from.
The food i think is different in different parts because the list of new food they emailed us with was not to be seen in a lot of them in the south stand, nor the prices on the boards for the new food either.

The chicken balti pie, mash and gravy was part of my matchday last season. Bit expensive I know, but after a 130 mile drive to the game, I preferred it to bringing sandwiches. Was a bit perturbed by the news of the pie recipe change but was looking forward to my usual pre match food. However, not only did they not have any chicken balti and was told 'try again at half time, we might have some then', but they've stopped doing the mashed potato this season.

Come on City, if you're going to make such a big deal of the food (which is very tasty tbf), then please go the extra mile and have enough of it on sale before a game. Oh, and can we have the mash back?

unexpected item said:
The chicken balti pie, mash and gravy was part of my matchday last season. Bit expensive I know, but after a 130 mile drive to the game, I preferred it to bringing sandwiches. Was a bit perturbed by the news of the pie recipe change but was looking forward to my usual pre match food. However, not only did they not have any chicken balti and was told 'try again at half time, we might have some then', but they've stopped doing the mashed potato this season.

Come on City, if you're going to make such a big deal of the food (which is very tasty tbf), then please go the extra mile and have enough of it on sale before a game. Oh, and can we have the mash back?

You had a chicken balti pie with gravy?

That's a food crime of the highest order. Would you put curry sauce on your roast dinner, or bisto on your bhuna?

Didsbury Dave said:
unexpected item said:

That's a food crime of the highest order. Would you put curry sauce on your roast dinner, or bisto on your bhuna?

Has to be a southerner, he wasnts mash with his pie for a start

Didsbury Dave said:
unexpected item said:

I know it's sounds like heresy but that mash and gravy with the balti pie was 'dead good'. I think Pellers should resign given the changes to and prices of the stadium catering; we never had these problems when Mancini was here!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.