Food & Service Issues 2014/15 (merged)

unexpected item said:
Scareye said:
Didsbury Dave said:
You had a chicken balti pie with gravy?

That's a food crime of the highest order. Would you put curry sauce on your roast dinner, or bisto on your bhuna?

The crime my friend is having curry in a pie in the first place. Wrong, so very very wrong!!

Don't care what's right or wrong, the balti pie, mash and gravy WAS delicious.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
The ghost of Peter Swales is alive and well and running our matchday catering operation.

He most certainly is. Rocking up at half time seems to take all and sundry totally by surprise.

“A beer? A pint? Now? Erm, let me check with the supervisor” Cue furtive glances between said employees as they try to fathom why there are suddenly tenfold the number of people wanting serving than not ten mins earlier.

“It’s bloody bizarre. Same thing happens every week. 45 mins after the match kicks off they come, totally unannounced, wanting not a concoction that only the oldest ,most wizened barista would recognise, no, they ask for things…on the board. In pints. Stumps me every time I tell ya."

Re: New Season - New Food (merged)

Matty said:
Not entirely sure where all these "new" products were as the bar I went to last night had the exact same food options as last season. Obviously some places have changed, as someone above mentioned having Garlic Dough Balls, but the bar nearest to block 109 hadn't changed one iota from last season, in terms of food options and speed (or lack thereof) of service.

'Garlic Dough Balls' at a football match?
Well... Times really have changed!
A Wagon Wheel and a Bovril was where it was at back in the day.

blueshortshorts said:
My daughter asked me for a new cheese and potatoe pie. On about 44mins I headed up to the concourse, queued for a few minutes, then was told they'd sold out of cheese pies, but were "hoping" to have some ready later..in total the lad had 14 pies ready to sell, as the half time rush was about to happen!!

unforgivable.

de niro said:
blueshortshorts said:
My daughter asked me for a new cheese and potatoe pie. On about 44mins I headed up to the concourse, queued for a few minutes, then was told they'd sold out of cheese pies, but were "hoping" to have some ready later..in total the lad had 14 pies ready to sell, as the half time rush was about to happen!!

unforgivable.

Well at least it's 14 more pies than the pints of beer ready at the bar!
The bar service - or total lack of it is unforgivable.
I say GDM should run the catering within the stadium...

Re: Food & Service Issues 2014/15 (merged)

Why Always Ste said:
In short:

This is the club justifying its over priced menu.
So even though there's supporters whining about the price of the food all over forums and on City Voice, the club have decided to make the food sound better rather than lowering prices.

I agree.

seriously who is ever going to go to a game and want a beef bourguignon pie.

I have never heard so much shit in all my life .

Nephew went for a Bovril on Monday night and the lass behind the counter had no idea what it was or how to make it, kept giving him the Bovril cup with just the powder in then when he said you need to fill it with water she went to fill it with cold water. Surely this can't take much training.

It seems there are still significant problems at City as regards the pricing of food, the amount of food on offer, and more so the service.

Fast forward back to the future.

Remember this from the OS.

Manchester City Football Club is delighted to announce ‘Fabulous Fan Fare’ as the new catering partner at the Etihad Stadium.

The newly-formed company is a joint venture between Jamie Oliver’s Fabulous Feasts and Legends Hospitality and will be partnered with the Club for next five years.

The agreement, beginning in August 2013, will cover all hospitality and catering services including all public concessions, hospitality areas and the City Square fan zone as well as non-match event catering.

“It is our ambition to create a world class customer experience for everybody who visits the Etihad Stadium. We are looking forward to working with these two leading brands as we continue to develop our stadium to achieve this aim," said Tom Glick, Chief Commercial and Operating Officer for MCFC.

Nigel Harris, MD of Jamie Oliver’s Fabulous Feasts continued: “Fabulous Feasts has proven over the last couple of years that we can deliver world class food on a grand scale."

Jamie

“Our passion for providing tasty food to the public is second to none and so we’re enormously excited to be working with Manchester City and Legends to offer what we believe will be the best stadium catering in the Premier League.

“We’ve been in discussions with the club for many months and we now have a dedicated team in place to ensure that the hospitality at the Etihad Stadium is truly something special.”

“This is obviously an exciting and important partnership for us,” said Dave Checketts, Chairman and CEO, Legends.

“We have long sought out to expand our footprint internationally and think Manchester City and Etihad Stadium are the perfect start and fit quite well with our stable of iconic venues.

"Our experience providing exceptional food and beverage to millions of fans and passion for delivering premium customer service at these venues combined with Jamie Oliver’s Fabulous Feasts' credibility, brand recognition and market knowledge provides an offering that we feel Manchester City supporters will truly enjoy.”

Yankees 2

Legends, whose headquarters are in New York, come to the United Kingdom with an irrefutable pedigree that has built its reputation as an award-winning food and beverage provider with a passion for customer service while performing on two of the largest stages in the sports industry - iconic (Dallas) Cowboys and (New York) Yankee Stadiums.

Manchester City would like to thank Lindley Venue Catering for their valued contribution in delivering a first class service to our corporate clients and serving our supporters week in and week out at the Etihad Stadium during their 10 year tenure. The Club furthermore would like to wish Lindley well with their future endeavours.

Are Fabulous Fan Fare’ , a joint venture between Jamie Oliver’s Fabulous Feasts and Legends Hospitality, still providing the food and service at City? And who at City is in-charge of making sure those two companies under the name of Fabulous Fan Fare’ are delivering their part of the agreement? Because from the feedback on here from the 1st match, they don't seem to be.

In all honesty has the service, food on offer, and quantity, improved since last season, and since Fabulous Fan Fare’ came on-board at City? TBF the quality of the food has improved, it's just let down by the prices, availability, and service. Overall 1 out of 4 isn't good. And if we're being honest, it's going in the wrong direction, even after all the investment and promises by the club.

You're only in there for 2 hours, do you really need to eat? Just have something outside the ground or at home. Its a fucking rip off in the stadium and unless people start eating elsewhere they will just keep upping the prices.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.