Food & Service Issues 2014/15 (merged)

jma said:
There was a thread on here a year or two back where assorted mods and others were keen to tell anyone who would listen how it was a certainty that the catering at City would be on a par with that at Manchester House . Purely because some dogsbody at the club had been ordered to let them into the ground in the off season, call them by their first name and allow their tongue to have the pleasure of an audience with Jamie Oliver's arsehole.

The new food is a feast for the taste buds, they proclaimed. The new liquid refreshment will be the nectar of the gods, they cried. Jamie Oliver's arsehole has assured me that when he is involved in a business it is guaranteed to be the finest business that man has ever dreamt of. And they were sent forth with this message to publicise the good news to the masses. Jamie, cried many, even passed me a napkin himself, as they copied and pasted their posts on here to send off for entry to Hello Magazine's 'Celebrity Encounters' page. "The cheeky Cockney chappy even has two arms and legs, just like us. But, you know, in a slightly better way that allows him to write revolutionary business proposals whilst cooking and shit" we were assured.

Many others on here ventured that perhaps this was likely to be an excuse to ponce up the menu and using it as a justification for inflating prices and that, based on previous experience, the barrow boy probably wouldn't do much about the shite service either. Unfortunately, they were shouted down. "Don't you know that Jamie doesn't settle for second best. He is in it to bring high class service to the masses and to save humanity from the indignity of missing goals near halftime. Jamie didn't have the chance to look at me but Fat Nora told me this as she served me a slice of steak and ale pie in the Gerry Creaney Lounge (store cupboard). It will happen, for I am an insider and blessed with inside knowledge of the future of City's catering"

Of course, it turned out to be bollocks. But, never fear, it's still so poor that they might bin Jamie and get Ainslie to do a meet and great next June.

jma,
I applaud you!

Re: Food & Service Issues 2014/15 (merged)

Food was dreadful last yr so started taking my own pie in with me. Will start doing the same this year after I saw the food on Monday. Queues are still long at half time and still getting back after the restart whistle for a cup of coffee!

bluesoup said:
Food was dreadful last yr so started taking my own pie in with me. Will start doing the same this year after I saw the food on Monday. Queues are still long at half time and still getting back after the restart whistle for a cup of coffee!

If the stewards on the turnstiles see you they won't let you in with a pie. I do not joke.
On Monday night they were not allowing people in with a tray of chips. I do not jest.
You had to either eat them before you entered the stadium (in the pissing rain) or throw them away.

Re: Food & Service Issues 2014/15 (merged)

TGR said:
bluesoup said:

If the stewards on the turnstiles see you they won't let you in with a pie. I do not joke.
On Monday night they were not allowing people in with a tray of chips. I do not jest.
You had to either eat them before you entered the stadium (in the pissing rain) or throw them away.
must be your entrance mate. I got in with a sausage from outside on Monday night. Wasn't that nice either. Pie in pocket does the trick...

jma said:
There was a thread on here a year or two back where assorted mods and others were keen to tell anyone who would listen how it was a certainty that the catering at City would be on a par with that at Manchester House . Purely because some dogsbody at the club had been ordered to let them into the ground in the off season, call them by their first name and allow their tongue to have the pleasure of an audience with Jamie Oliver's arsehole.

The new food is a feast for the taste buds, they proclaimed. The new liquid refreshment will be the nectar of the gods, they cried. Jamie Oliver's arsehole has assured me that when he is involved in a business it is guaranteed to be the finest business that man has ever dreamt of. And they were sent forth with this message to publicise the good news to the masses. Jamie, cried many, even passed me a napkin himself, as they copied and pasted their posts on here to send off for entry to Hello Magazine's 'Celebrity Encounters' page. "The cheeky Cockney chappy even has two arms and legs, just like us. But, you know, in a slightly better way that allows him to write revolutionary business proposals whilst cooking and shit" we were assured.

Many others on here ventured that perhaps this was likely to be an excuse to ponce up the menu and using it as a justification for inflating prices and that, based on previous experience, the barrow boy probably wouldn't do much about the shite service either. Unfortunately, they were shouted down. "Don't you know that Jamie doesn't settle for second best. He is in it to bring high class service to the masses and to save humanity from the indignity of missing goals near halftime. Jamie didn't have the chance to look at me but Fat Nora told me this as she served me a slice of steak and ale pie in the Gerry Creaney Lounge (store cupboard). It will happen, for I am an insider and blessed with inside knowledge of the future of City's catering"

Of course, it turned out to be bollocks. But, never fear, it's still so poor that they might bin Jamie and get Ainslie to do a meet and great next June.

I rememeber that thread mate & like you say i thought it was going to be Manchester House,the french & the abode all rolled into one the way some were making out
And in the end a fucking Damp Squib

Heres the thread its a pretty funny read now
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=287846&hilit=million" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=287846&hilit=million</a>

CTID1988 said:
You're only in there for 2 hours, do you really need to eat? Just have something outside the ground or at home. Its a fucking rip off in the stadium and unless people start eating elsewhere they will just keep upping the prices.

It's a bit like the ticket prices as well isn't it? Maybe we should stay at home and watch in on the TV. I mean we don't need to watch the game live when it's on TV do we and could save loads.

Seriously, we all know there are cheaper options but hey ho a pie and a pint for me in the ground is part of the enjoyment, a long standing traditional thing.

Match day experience innit, give us all the money you own, eat this f**king dross and pay for it you pleb animals, come on, pay up, stop thinking for yourself and pay pay pay pay you're not a fan if you dont own everything and buy everything.

sorry. had to get that out of my system.

We are only in the ground for 2hours tops!!! If it's too expensive don't buy it, simple?? I'm sure we can all go 2hours without eating? Go the chippy just up from Mitchell Arms, that's what I do if it's a night match. They don't let us smoke in the ground anymore and it doesn't even enter my mind as I'm used to not having one now, it's the same with the food for me I'll wait 2hours not to be ripped blind with shit food, It's just the same at the pictures. At least your not having to buy overpriced shite for a whole weekend like you do at a music festival!!! And they rip you blind!! 1 slice of pizza £5 at Download last year!! Glad I was only sellin t-shirts and only there for a day and the music was fookin awful too!!! Suppose it's a flaw of success that we have to make revenue to comply with FFP so things are expensive, so blame them knobs at FIFA!!

Its not too bad getting a pint in my area of the ground, bit pissed off at paying £4 for a pint of piss water though

Gray said:
The Club keep sending out surveys and presumably the fans let them have it with both barrels regarding the food and drink prices and the poor service.

Yet nothing seems to get done to improve things, why bother with the surveys?

I follow the surveys and discussions at City Voice closely.

Basically, whatever changes to the pricing and atmosphere have been suggested en masse by City fans, the club seems to be doing the very opposite.

In one of the latest discussions, lots (and I mean lots) of people said the food and drink prices were too high.

Days later we return to the Etihad to find food and drink prices have gone up again.

They've now closed the "Cost of Football" discussion branch which saw an estimated 80%+ of people say prices of tickets and food/drink were too high.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.