Football fan or City fan

I used to be a football fan. Then Pep took over and the only football I can now watch for 90+ minutes is a city game without falling asleep. Has Pep ruined football or was it always shit?
I think your thread title is misleading posters in their responses.

A lot aren’t realising that you’re asking whether Pep has made City so good that watching other football, that we’d previously think was good quality, now looks shite compared to Pep’s City.

‘Has Pep Ruined Non-Pep Football?’ or something like that would be a better title.

Try and catch some of the reruns The Big Match from the 1970s that are shown on ITV4 (is it?). It's not really fair to judge the football from that era against what we see these days (and I'm not including the 115 charges, oil money, FFP cheating mercenaries here). But much of the football back then looks mediocre in comparison to now.
This is true.

I’ve watched back the full 90 minutes of City’s 1969 FA Cup final win, the 1966 World Cup Final and the 1970 World Cup final with that Brazil team… it’s barely Championship standard of today’s modern game.

This is a goal scored by an average Championship team. If it was scored in the 1960s or 70s by Brazil or someone, it would be rated as the greatest goal ever by a great team. In reality, that Brazil team could only dream of scoring a goal this good.

I only watch City matches, have a passing interest in other results if it affects City's league position, but have zero interest in international football.
I don't subscribe to Sky or TNT, so if I'm not at a City away game, I'll watch it in the pub or ocassionally buy a Now TV day pass.

i watch alot of football ,quite like the championship games as they are more physical ,every team can beat one another ,bit like the old days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.