Football fan or City fan

I quite like watching rags against top teams but thats only because I'm sure they are going to get mullered
Switch off before the end if thats not happening
Watch alongside one of the watchalongs to prolong the joy

Go home an away with city cant get enough of it,love watchin any game in prem ,love champions leauge,fell out of love with England as the wrong man in charge an cant bear negativity,prems unreal,but got to say them champions leauge nights at etihad when it gets to later stages are hard to beat,only couple games in prem can compare

Liking football means something different these days. Once it meant going to the match at the end of the working week, now it means drowning yourself in stats Athletics/Guardian type analysis. Misspent youth means I don't really have the headspace for all the info you get drowned in and have a poor memory for stats, so it's always City/matchgoing first for me. That means my view of top-flight football is largely City-centric, but if City aren't playing on the Saturday I'll still be at a local kick-about to feel the fresh air around my face, a couple of pints outside the house, the bonding with my lads and the social element.

Love going to footy the whole match day experience, today my missus I will only get Sky when feel old to go to matches. Love my days out at Fleetwood and Burnley, beers with friends and knowing the result with friends and knowing the final score will not affect my mood for a week as it does at City. Will go and watch Blackpool with my best mate or my brother in law if they have a spare ticket, used to watch Preston with my late father in law on occasions. Can't be bothered watching Premier league on telly unless it's City or Burnley. I am a football fan but only live football, I will be a City fan till my last breath even though my opportunities of getting to the Etihad are sadly rare.

Love going to footy the whole match day experience, today my missus I will only get Sky when feel old to go to matches. Love my days out at Fleetwood and Burnley, beers with friends and knowing the result with friends and knowing the final score will not affect my mood for a week as it does at City. Will go and watch Blackpool with my best mate or my brother in law if they have a spare ticket, used to watch Preston with my late father in law on occasions. Can't be bothered watching Premier league on telly unless it's City or Burnley. I am a football fan but only live football, I will be a City fan till my last breath even though my opportunities of getting to the Etihad are sadly rare.
Not for the first time predictive text ruined that message, told not today and with friends repeated twice. Not that it matters

Top level football died in 1992.

The game we watch now is a very highly polished turd, aimed at a very gullible, wealthy audience.

Pep Guardiola is simply the absolute best at what he does. He's completed the game at City. Modern day football will never be the same when he packs up, but the media will still try to flog it as 'the greatest show on earth'.

Grassroots football will survive.

I used to watch every game I could. Stoke v Everton, Wed night? I was watching it and heading every Rory Delap throw in.
Cruz Azul v Club Tijuana? I'm there, wishing I had a poncho.
Then one day I said to myself, "What the fuck are you doing, sitting in the basement, watching this shit all summer"?
Only watch City now unless I have absolutely nothing else to do and it's shit weather outside.
So you'll be still watching plenty of games after your 10ft snow drifts pal

I don't see it as getting 'bogged down' but more of an 'escape' from lifes shit for a couple of hours.
Events seem to go from strength to strength as life gets more complicated. In our house we went straight from following City in the PL/CL to non-league friendlies, women's world cup on telly, back to City for the footy season, then World Championship Athletics on telly, now the rugby...keep 'em coming, we need our bread and circuses lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.