Football fan or City fan

Absolutely, who gets excited by fucking Rugby?
Try and watch the current Rugby Union World Cup.
It may change your opinion as there are several smaller nations (e.g. Fiji, Japan, Georgia) that could beat the older, more established teams.
The power, skill and toughness is brilliant to watch.
Also the general sportsmanship and respect shown to the officials is first class.
Basic rules such as only the captains being allowed to talk to the referee could easily be adopted by football.
Rugby League is also a superb sport. Go to a game and see how tough the players are...

I like football, cause that's the way i grew up as a child.... but I love City for decades, just like my son loves em now... with Pep now, with Bonds or Tony Book then ,or even Allan Ball or Mancini or anybody else.... what it matters,is City .

When younger, I used to go to random non-City games just for fun (midweek Stoke - Telford cup tie, Preston - Huddersfield to see what the plastic pitch was like, etc).

These days it's all about City ... admittedly, I did go to Burnley - Portsmouth on last day of last season, but that was to see Vinny win the Championship, so still City-related really.

As I get older I increasingly dislike football. Not the actual sport obviously, but the cynicism, greed, corruption, client media, all of it. My feelings for City are still as strong, but I wonder really whether I love a rose tinted version of the struggling underdogs we were for so long, rather than the current corporate juggernaut. We sat in a bar in Istanbul on the Sunday reflecting that what had happened the night before meant very different things to different people. Whilst we were deeply moved and reaching for the bubbly (Efes), others were reaching for a calculator, and that is modern football.

I'm very Citycentric - I'll watch games that potentially impact our season, but other than that, I don't watch a lot.

There's only City that gives me any interest in football these days.
In fact I hate how bitter and corrupt it as become.
I don't think we'll ever really appreciate how good City are to be winning trophy after trophy in such a biased red yank loving sport.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.