Football Governance Bill (Independent Regulator)

Really irritates me that twats like Maguire continue to include us as part of the promoters of FFP conveniently ignoring the fact that we are facing 115 charges and that the rules were specifically targeted at us to create an existential threat to our business model. Maybe it's because no one ever mentions it.

We have a regulator for water, and we have raw sewage being pumped into our rivers, lakes and seas, and water companies in massive debt while shareholders take billions in dividends.

We have a regulator for energy, and we're paying retail prices far in excess of wholesale ones, while energy companies make fortunes.

We have a regulator for the media, yet they pump out as much shit as the water companies.

The common thread in all these is that the companies they regulate get away with murder while the consumers pay the price.

I won't be getting my hopes up over a football regulator.
The only counterargument I can offer is to imagine how bad each of those industries would be without their regulators!

Forget all that shit and useless posturing from self-proclaimed financial experts.

Not one mention in the PL statement of diversity. Surely an organisation such as the PL supports action to increase the number of black and Muslim owners?

I can't imagine why all the white American owners wouldn't want to mention diversity.

The only counterargument I can offer is to imagine how bad each of those industries would be without their regulators!
...which is where we have been up to this point with football. I don't expect it to be great either, but I think it's good that the PL at least will feel 'watched' and under some level of scrutiny going forward. Especially when making new rules, or waiving them for certain clubs / circumstances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.